1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tracer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Are tracer hard on the gun . Ithink they would help my daughter if she could see where she is at on hard right and lefts . What is the best kind .

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

there was a big hype on them late last year, someone was going to post a video of them in action. Never happened as far as I know. I really dont think they will help, why? IMHO your kid will be looking at/for the tracer round, 1st of there are no hard lefts or rights, just right and left. 2. for me it was simple swing and follow through. If she is young she will get it. Personally better of with a clinic aimed at women and or kids.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The problem I had with tracers in skeet was everytime I put one in someones gun they hit the target : (

I would suggest you find a field you can lock the trap down and see how it goes. Two or three different days should do the trick.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Have you thought about taking her to a class somewhere by one of the expert coaches/shooters instead of a gimmicky method or as already been mentioned lock the machine down and just let her shoot but ... the only problem with that is keeping her from getting the habit of possibly beginning to move the gun knowing what it is going to be and then when its time to shoot regular she now has a bad habit caused by the hard left or hard right training.

More shells down the barrel at more birds down the field along with a good class or coach would work wonders.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I opt for classes. the tracers can not be moving as fast as the shot?? May give false feedback

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.