1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tracer wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by steele, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

Has anyone tried the tracer wads from Northwest Research? If so, what recipe did you use?

2. KK

KK TS Member

I used my usual 1 1/8th ounce load and it worked out fine. Fiocchi 616 primer, 19 grns of Red Dot in a AA hull. I think you can use any of the standard 1 1/8oz loads in the books and they all will work. The tracers work great too. KK

3. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

No need to change "recipe" at all. Wads are constructed for 1- or 1-1/8 oz loads.

Steve

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Is this a brand name for another 1-1/8 ounce wad or does it work as the name implies? Hap

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

One of the loads they tested and recommend was a Federal Hull, 23.5 grains of Universal Clays, Federal 209A primer, 1 1/8 oz of shot. It works as advertised. Slow powders and HOT primers apparently help to ensure reliable ignition of the pellet. Unique, WSF, 800-X, etc should all work fine. I've used the Universal Clays load in Top Gun hulls and have had no failures. It goes out a bit over 1200fps if you use the above load. Breaks targets rather well too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.