1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Traaker wads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Jul 29, 2013.

1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Was wondering if any of you know if winchester will be offering traaker wads for sale? We shot some at the SCTP competition in Sparta week before last and really liked them.. They are wonderful as far as a coaches stand point.. you can see exactly where the miss..and or hit is...

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Really doubtful. It looks like it would need a specialized reloading setup to seat the wad properly. Winchester likely holds a patent on the design, so it will be 20 years until a clone wad can be made, and since Winchester is the only one making the wad, there is NO incentive for them to offer it to reloaders (and complete against themselves) when they can make people buy the factory ammo.

It will likely be a passing fad anyways. It will probably be a thing of the past, something to add to shell collections, in a few years.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Did you use those in competition? I was under the impression they were not allowed in competition. Of course you said SCTP and they don't go by ATA rules and regulations.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ian. Getting the bbl relationship proper is a whole lot easier in skeet. the biggest problem in trap is actually seeing where the shot pod travels. I think it is anything but a passing fancy.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Regardless of usefulness, will people pay 25% more for it? Enough people to make it worthwhile for Winchester to continue? Seems to me that every time someone comes out with a "tracer" type shell, they last for a year or two, then fade off into obscurity. I still have my 25 round sample bag of Tru-Tracer wads I got through an ad on this website years ago.