1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Toys for tots shoot info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riss6270, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riss6270

riss6270 TS Member

Has anyone shot a toys for tots shoot? I was just wondering how it works. Its almost that time and i cant remember a christmas where is didnt get any gifts. We are all lucky to be able to have what we have, the bad news is there are tons of kids that wake up on christmas and its just like any other day to them. I have always donated to toys for tots and it make me feel better about myself. I did see that last year they did have a toys for tots shoot in PA. Any info would be great thanks. Also how many people in MD PA VA would shoot a toys for tots shoot if all the money was donated?

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I too feel terrible thinking about any kid that does not get something for Christmas. Our Sportsman's club takes up donations every holiday season. I send them a substantial donation every year. Never been to a Toys For Tots shoot.

DoubleAuto

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

We, Delaware Trapshooting Assoc., will be having a "Toys for Tots" games/money shoot on Dec. 13th.

Also, from mid-Nov until Dec. 13th we will have a Toy Drop Box at the Wilmington Trapshooting clubhouse so that the shooter's may bring a toy and receive a free lunch.

Curt
    [​IMG]

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I forgot to add this link so you can contact the Marine Corps for your local area.

Good luck.

Curt

5. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

The Eastern NE Gun located south of Omaha, NE has been conducting Toys 4 Tots match for several years. This year two different groups with in the club will be involved.
    Both the Practical Pistol committee and the HP Rifle committee will be conducting one on different dates.
    The HP Committee will be holding theirs on October 23rd. The course of fire is the 30 round JC Grand Match. While the match program calls any vintage military rifle, any one who shows up with a toy may shoot any rifle they have. The entry fee is a new and unused toy. If it was purchased with a wrapper on it, the wrapper was on it.
    To cover those who for whatever reason can’t make it on Saturday, may shoot it on the preceding Thursday morning.
    There will be M1’s and a limited amount of ammunition available at the range.
    The matches are usually over by noon at which somebody, usually me, hauls them home and calls the US Marine Reserves, which they promptly come and pick the toys up.

Jim Morrison
    PS Next the trap shooters will also be promoting one.

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Those that I have been to in No. Cal. have stipulated that it is $10.00 off the cost of an event for a new gift. If the event, ie 100 16yd targets would be $27.00 or $17.00 with a new gift. It always seems to bring out a good number of shooters.

JON

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Here is our program for our upcoming "Toys For Tot" shoot. Target fees are $16.00 with a Toy valued at $10.00, or $26.00 with no toy and $10.00 of that goes to the Toys For Tots Program...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Welcome Shooters

On behalf of all the members of the Eel River Trap Club we would like to welcome all of you to our shoot. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our sponsors who have supported this Toys 4 Tots shoot. The board members have been working very hard to plan an enjoyable shoot for you. As is the Eel River Trap Club policy, any junior who is shooting for awards only may shoot for $20.00 per event. If a junior has not shot a registered event before, and is not a P.I.T.A. member, we will pay their first year’s dues to P.I.T.A.

P.I.T.A. Registration Certificate

This certifies that the Eel River Trap Club has been authorized to hold a registered shoot at Fortuna California on November 13 & 14, 2010. P.I.T.A. rules will govern this shoot and scores will be included in the office records.

/s/ Sue Brewer /Secretary PITA
    FOR YOUR INFORMATION
    • PITA daily fees are $2.00. CSTA Daily fees are $.02 per Target.
    • Please have your current scores posted and averaged on your card. No exceptions.
    • The club will open at 7:00 a.m. for handicapping. Practice will begin at 8a.m. both days.
    • Tie scores will be shot off the day the event is completed unless all agree to a carry over. Shooters not present when shoot-off is called will forfeit. All “class” winners and ties will be moved to the next highest class. (Doubles and Singles)
    • The Eel River Trap Club reserves the right to alter all, or any part of this program.
    • Any contestant, who interferes with the harmony, accuracy, or sportsmanship of this shoot, as determined by the managers, may be disqualified.
    • No entry fees, purses, or options will be refunded after the event entered has started. It is the shooter’s responsibility to check the score sheet
    • Limited trailer space is available (no hookups.)
    • ALL PAYOUTS WILL BE MADE BY MAIL

Directions
    Take Kenmar Rd exit off the 101 free way, go east, cross over railroad tracks,
    and turn right on Eel River Dr. Club is quarter mile on your left. If you are
    going North, Kenmar Rd is the first Fortuna Exit.If you are going South,
    Kenmar Rd is the third Fortuna exit. Club phone number is 707-725-1825.

NOTE

TOYS FOR TOTS INTER-CLUB HOA BUCKLE

The Eel River and Ukiah Gun Clubs have gone together to present a HOA buckle for the shooter with the high combined scores at both clubs based on all the single and handicap events. To be eligible, you must shoot all the singles and handicap events at both clubs. Buckle will be awarded in Ukiah at their Toys For Tots shoot December 4 & 5, 2010.

PLACES TO STAY

River Walk RV – 707-725-3359
    Best Western Inn707-735-6822
    Comfort Inn…....707-725-7025
    Holiday Inn Express…..725-5500

CLUB WILL BE OPEN FRIDAY, NOV. 12, 2010 FOR PRACTICE FROM 3:OOPM UNTIL DARK

Attention Shooters
    HANDICAPPING WILL BEGIN AT 7:00AM.

TO PRE-SQUAD FOR THIS SHOOT CALL SYD MYERS AT 707.768-1728
    THIS IS A CSTA SERIES SHOOT FOR THE TARGET YEAR 2011

Now, if after reading all this you have any questions please call:

Club - 707-725-1825
    Dan Thome – 707-499-7591
    Billy & Syd Myers – 707-768-1728

If you would like your Eel River Programs emailed to you, please email sydmyers@hotmail.com. You will automatically receive your programs via the internet.

Breakfast will be available
    Saturday and Sunday Morning
    Lunch will be available Saturday & Sunday

There will be a Special Event
    Saturday evening $10.00
    (50% of the entry fee goes to the special event beverages and snacks).

EEL RIVER 600 BIRD BUCKLE FOR 2011
    SPONSORED BY:

“EEL RIVER TRAP CLUB”

AWARDED TO THE BEST 600 HANDICAP TARGETS SHOT AT THE EEL RIVER CLUB DURING THE 2010 TARGET YEAR

Saturday Nov. 13th. 2010
    Event #1: Fortuna Volunteer Fire Dept. Singles

100 16 YARD TARGETS…..…without a toy….…$26.00
    With a $10.00 Toy…….…………….…..……………$16.00
    Lewis Option (3 classes 1 pay )……….. …….………$10.00
    Buckles to AA, A, B, C, D
    Hi Lady, Junior and Vet awarded each day
    Event #2: Marine Corp Handicap

100 HANDICAP TARGETS………without a toy……$26.00
    With a $10.00 Toy……………….……………………….$16.00
    Lewis Class (Three Classes 1 Pay)………...…….……….$10.00
    Magnum Purse (Pays ½ Amount shown, ties split)………$12.00

Magnums are
    1-2- $833.00 1-3 $604.33 1-4 $257.83
    2-3 $315.42 2-4 $637.33 3-4 $395.83

Special event………………………………………………$10.00

Buckles to Champion, Short (19-21), Mid (22-24), Long (25-27) yardage winners.

Event #3: Doubles

50 PAIR DOUBLES TARGET…….without a toy……$26.00
    With a $10.00 Toy………………………….………..$16.00
    Lewis Purse (3 classes 1 pay )……………...………$10.00

Classes A, B, C & D (Buckles to winner of each class)

Sunday Nov.15TH, 2009
    Event #4: Singles
    Same as Saturday

Event #5: Handicap
    AL GRUNDMAN MEMORIAL HANDICAP
    Same as Saturday

Event #6: Doubles

50 Pair Doubles Targets….$26.00
    Classes A,B,C,D

Cash Purse. Each Class Shoots For Its Own Money. High Gun.
    $8.00 per entry goes to the purse

HIGH OVER ALL AWARD
    BASED ON EVENTS #1-#5

ATA CROSS REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS SHOOT. CHECK WITH CASHIER AT CASHIERS WINDOW

TOYS 4 TOTS

P.I.T.A./C.S.T.A.
    “Series” Shoot

EEL RIVER TRAP CLUB
    FORTUNA, CALIFORNIA

600 Registered PITA Targets

Nov. 13 & 14TH, 2010

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Curt does she belong to your club??

Don

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Curt

Does Annie Oakley want to shoot for Oxford on Black Friday? With her on our team those West Chester shooters will never know what hit them!!!

Rich in Indiana

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Don......no she doesn't, however I'm sure she'd be warmly welcomed even if she does shoot a SxS.

Rich......Oxford won't have a tough time with West Chester. The "Country Bumkin's" will again beat the "Urbanite's", thus retaining the Chester County trophy.

I'll bet even this team could give the Urbanite's a run for their money.....

Curt
    [​IMG]

11. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Study that photo a little.

12. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Yikes,
    Photo aside!! For what it's worth you can check out a charity on the BBB website and see how much of the $$ actually goes to the charity as opposed to administrative expense. We have always felt good about the high % of money Toys For Tots actually gets to the needy ones, seems to be a great organization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.