1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TOYOTA TUNDRA P.U. TRUCKS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DENNISMASTROLIA1, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I was interested in buying a new Toyota Tundra and was surprised at the prices that my local dealers came up with.Does anyone here have any info that would be helpful? I was going to lease for threeyears and the dealer was asking for $2500.00 down and almost $600.00/month with allowed mileage of 15,000/year--after negotiating further the monthly payment went down to $399.00. plus the MA 5% sales tax to $420.00/month. Are these figures accurate? Am I being duped? Please reply with your experience.Greatly appreciated.I was looking at no more than $350.00/month with possibly $0. down payment.Am I being too optomistic or should this be spot on?? Thank-you.

2. oz

oz Active Member

my truck was 32,000 got the dealer down to 28,500, 1,000 down 502/month for 5 years. mine is an 05. the dealers should be doing backflips to get your dough with the price of gas. lease should be about 1/2 buying. try shopping online @ toyota.com and try several dealers if you are in MA try RI and Maine. oz

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

here we go

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Do not lease, you save nothing.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Check out those lease contracts. They are very tricky. If you put less than 15k a year on that truck you can resell better than what you will get at the end of a lease. You will pay for everything scratches/tires/ un documented scheduled service.

6. oz

oz Active Member

I forgot to mention. go to consumers reports to get the actual price the dealer pays and work up from there. was the truck you were looking at a 2007? the 2008's will be out soon. all car/truck dealers are having clearance sales now. toyota has a lot of commercials on TV, check it all out. salesmen will get as much as they can out of you. oz

7. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

If you have any kind of business the lease payment is deductable right off the top.

8. BMC

BMC Member

Deal online with the dealership. For some reason it seems like you will get a better deal. Haggle through email for a bit before you ever step foot on the place. Right now Toyota is way behind projections for the year for the Tundra so they will deal, you just have to play the game. As others said, don't lease.

9. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

I was going to buy a Tundra, after a lot of research on the actual mileage that they get, I bought a Chevy instead. Better deal better mileage, better all the way around for me. Norm

10. kgp

kgp TS Member

Go to Edmunds.com to check current incentives and cost. Here is the only lease incentive they have listed:

$299 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    36 Month Term
    $1150 Down Payment
    $0 Security Deposit
    12000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease is based on a 2007 Tundra 4WD Double Cab SR5 SB 5.7L V8 (model# 8342) equipped with options FE, DZ, HM, MG, CK, and WR. Dealer participation may vary the $299 lease special.
    Comments $1999 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

I checked the Tundra out a year ago and bought a Honda Ridgeline instead. If you don't need a large bed, the Ridgeline is hard to beat. The lockable trunk in the bed is unique to Honda, and can handle my guns and ammo with ease.

Ken

11. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Thank you all for the info and for your time with the reply.I thought that the dealership(IRA Toyota in MA.) was "off" .The sales person told me that the new 08 trucks were coming out next February. Can that be right? Anyway I went to a GMC Dealership and was offered 0% financing for 5years with the purchase price with my options at about $35,000.However they only came down $1400.00 from the sticker so I walked away and said that I will be back this Tuesday--I think they should at least reduce the sticker by $3,000.-$3200.00. Thank you all again.I will let you know how I made out. Dennis.

12. TC

TC TS Member

I am not trying to be a smart a@@, but I don't understand why an individual would rent a vehicle for several years rather than to purchase it. I can understand a business leasing under some circumstances, but not an individual.

If anyone can explain it, I would appreciate the education.

13. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

TC....

you get to drive a new vehicle every 3 years, always under the bumper to bumper warranty, no worries............thats the way some look at it but you pay a premium price for always driving a new vehicle....

most people fair out better buying than leasing......
    to each his own.

14. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Toyota Tundras have an 11-13% markup BEFORE the MSRP is fattened with options which have up to 50% markup......you better do your homework or they will rip your lungs out...(and that goes for any car/truck dealer)......

15. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

It would not matter to me on the mark up. I finally purchased my first Toyota Tundra (after owning a new big 3 truck every year since 1976) Alls I have to say is wow. It is by far the best truck I have ever owned. The big 3 boys had better hang onto there azz with this one. Hurry and get yours. You will be very glad you did. The power is un believable to say the least.

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If you are dealing with a dealer, you are probably getting screwed, no matter how good they make it sound. A dealer does nothing without making money, and usually as much as they can. It's the nature of the beast. The good honest dealers are already out of business or working on it.

17. BMC

BMC Member

Goose, the power is great, and they are very nice driving trucks, but not for the MPG faint of heart. The 5.7 I'm driving has been averaging 13mpg and thats when I'm pussy footin' it. My 04 Silverado averages 17 mpg with the 5.3. I think Toyota has a winner, but they need to get the mpg up a little to really be competitive.

18. DENNISMASTROLIA1

Thank you again everyone.The lease was going to be for my business.I am now looking at GMC Sierras and MAYBE we can get a fair deal as the 08s should be arriving anytime now.If not then I will walk away and then around the 4th week in December or in late January maybe they will be more likely to deal-anyway Thank-you for the reply--Dennis

19. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Your gonna like that GM they really are built better than the Toys, and they got one helluva warranty.I;ve had em both .

20. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

BMC, Your mpg may be bad but mine is not. I have got 18 mpg in the city all hand calculated.I will tell you that I baby the heck out of it. I have herd about bad mpg reports. I think it is the quality of gas you burn along with driving habits. So if your not happy with mpg, I don't know what to tell you. Mine gets better mpg and has more power than any big 3 truck I have ever owned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.