1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Toyota topples GM from #1 spot.....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    No surprise to me. Toyota listens to customers and potential buyers, and is building a quality product that lasts.<br>
    <br>
    I expect to see GM and Ford put on a massive campaign about their quality, give more multi-million dollar bonuses to their executives, lay off more peons, er, workers, and play the flag waving patriotic card, instead of coming up with innovative ideas to make better vehicles.

2. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

Brian don't let your prejudice get in the way of any facts about your hero. If you think you can stand the truth you might dare to do a simple Internet search on them. If Toyota listens to their customers and Cares sooooo much why do they make their customers file soooo many lawsuits to get cars fixed? Are they really better or just quieter?

"Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. quietly settled a class-action lawsuit that covers about 3.5 million Toyota and Lexus vehicles that may have been damaged by engine oil sludge."

"Toyota's greener-than-the-rest image was all but destroyed in 2005 by its role in a lawsuit to block stricter greenhouse gas regulations in California. The company has also been embroiled in a handful of Clean Air Act violation lawsuits."

"In four separate cases, Medina v. Mitsubishi Motors Credit Corp., Pakeman v. American Honda Finance Company, Herra v. Toyota Motor Credit Corporation and Thompson v. WFS Financial, Inc., Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, represents African-Americans and Latinos who allege that they were discriminated against by auto loan financing companies and auto manufacturers. " and so on....

Oh what a feeling!

3. Brian in Oregon

LOL, don't let YOUR prejudice get in the way of facts either. I notice you cite but a couple of examples, but fail to cite the vastly larger number of lawsuits filed against GM, Ford and Chrysler.<br>
    <br>
    No cigar.

4. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

America is being killed and without a shot being fired.

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

My wife likes her Toyota and I like my Chevy. To each their own. Ray

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

The reason Toyota out sold GM is value and the bottom line. Its a better built vehicle. Its sad but true. I own a 07 Chevy Avalanche and I like it, but I wish I would have waited for the new Toyota Tundra. It is a very fine truck. Who knows, maybe next years truck will be a Toyota.

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You can aim shit at me all you want. I do not care. I think you got the point. I was just stating my opinion. You can either like it or not. If you are going to be the forum spelling bee, have at it. You could spend the rest of your life on this forum alone. Dr. AC Jones, did I make any mistakes?

8. Brian in Oregon

Andrew, I have never seen a more pompous display of non sequiter horsecrap here. WTF does poor sentence structure have to do with the quality of motor vehicles?<br>
    <br>

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

One reason I will never own a Toyota..They are all butt ugly..especially the new Tundra, the Nissan is a close 2nd..the homliest looking truck since the Studebaker

10. Brian in Oregon

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I think mine looks great!

11. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Well, I'll go with:

Since the cost of production of a vehicle (materials, labor, taxes, local utility usage, etc) is far greater than the profit made on such a vehicle (er.....unless you're Ford and actually enjoyed charging the American Consumer a staggering $15,000 profit on an Excursion), those companies that build new factories IN the US (Hyundai, Toyota, Honda) rather then OUTSIDE the US (Ford, GM, Dodge) are in fact contributing more to the US economy (jobs, power bills, corporate taxes, payroll taxes, health insurance) than the legacy 'National Motor Icons' who are interested in raising the standard of living in Mexico, while paying every corporate monogrammed officer ending with an "O" (CEO, CFO, DOO, IOO, etc) an annual salary that most of their workers wouldn't be able to make in 15 generations.

How's that?

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I'm a Chevy guy to the core, but i do have a soft spot for Toyota trucks. My old man had an 86 4x4 that i used to tool around in when i was in high school. That truck would go through anything. In 1st gear and 4lo it could push over a building. I also like the new FJ's. But alas, I'll kep driving my Silverado.

Brett D.

13. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I just bought an 07 Honda Civic. It is just as american made as any Ford or Chevy.

Forrest

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

GM is paying more to retirees than to workers. The Jap's don't have that problem. They don't have 2 or more generations of workers collecting retirement benifits. They haven't been here that long. There is also a problem with $12.00 an hour and $22.00 per hour. The Jap's are rolling in profits because of their lower operating costs.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

JCS; If I read you right, you agreed with me.. We are cheap labor for their companies, and they don't have company/union paid retirement plans. Just 401's, and those are employee contrubutions. They are not doing American people any favors with their plants located here. All the profit is going to their home country.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I like the Jap and Korean cars and trucks, built to last in America by Americans ... What more needs to be said ..? The Big 3 sold out on America a long, long time ago and they go where the profits take them and makes them even more (Canada and Mexico) ... 10 years and 100,000 miles, now that my kind of warrantee ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Damn unions anyway!!

18. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Good one Sammie, You haven't got a clue. That guy could make that money at any of 1000 companies in the US. It's a supply / demand thing when it come to intelligence too. (but you wouldn't know) Our Automative industry has priced itself out of the Global market. Insurance, retirement, bennies, those few lazy people that take advantage of the system ( fake injuries, fake health problems, and LAZINESS) has grown substantially, and we the buyer are paying the bill, and had enough. It is now a decision of quality and price verse....well... quality and price. Just as it has always been in the US. Many of us are tired of supporting UAW workers with our patriotic $$$$. Especially when they are paid more, work less, and have more bennies than I do. Why should I put up w/ that crap? You say it's the American way...well let me tell you pal...HARD WORK is the American way. And they best damn well understand that.

Why should a line worker retire at 40 with 85% bennies when no one else does??

19. 870smokim

870smokim TS Member

I'm happy as a lark, GM going down the tube! Been bad mouthing GM for 40 years
    Joe

20. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

Dove Commander

You ever worked in a factory? How was the air quality? How were the floors, I had to worry about slipping on oil all the time. Well when I worked there,shithead,I couldn't see the back of the plant, but working with the company and the union together, we got it pretty well cleaned up. But it took a long time. The company could give two shits if we fell over and died in the old days, they would just try and hire another idiot to take his place. I hired in to G.M. in '67 at 11:30 in the morning, had a interview and started working that afternoon, try and do that NOW, Thats because nobody wanted to work in thoses hell holes. I retired in '97,had a few good years in 2002 I was diagnosd with diabetes and in 2003 with cancer. Must have been those lazy ass 30 something years I spent in those lovely factories trying to make a good product so you can go buy a JAP car. DONE blame the workers stupid, we did what we were told to do. H.M.Reinke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lasted herra by toyota