1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Toyota Rav remarks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Doug Brown, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I bought a used Toyota Rav4 for the dog & I to hunt out of, so far people have referred to it as:
    1. cute
    2. ladies car
    3. gay
    4. every 16 yr old girls dream car
    5. Is that yours
    What do you think about that?

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

When I bought a Subaru OutBack, I was called a tree-hugger, Dyke
    mobile and more. And this was from my friends.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The fact is, for the 2004 model year, 51% of buyers were women, and 49% were men.

It's a very good urban all wheel drive (at least the earlier ones, they're now an overrunning clutch type now). We've been very pleased with ours.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Don't be bothered with what others say..if it works for you thats all that matters...they aren't making the payments,..you are!.. so ..tell'em up their nose with a rubber hose and NO they can't ride with you ; ))

5. WGB

WGB Member

Face it, it's a girly man vehicle like a Subaru (also known as a lesbaru). But it's not as bad as a PT Cruiser, the ultimate housewife vehicle. :>)

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

It depends what you value more: Peer approval/acceptance, or, reliability/no repair bills?

I don't believe your friends would chip in on the repair/upkeep bills of the typical unreliable "lots of posturing but much repairing" brands.

7. oz

oz Active Member

drive up to maine... you will see a lot of outbacks. I have one and it will go most anywhere. if your friends bitch, get new friends. oz

8. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

OK guys, I'm a single guy. I have a Ford Mini-Van (Grocery Getter) --- It gets stuck in mud puddles at my favorite hunting spot, it gets stuck in 6" of snow at my cabin, it gets stuck on the slick grass at the boat ramp. It makes me hunt longer snowmobile another day and stay fishing longer. GAWD! I LOVE THAT CAR. In fact it got stuck soooo.... many times I had to retire -- I couldn't make it to work on time any more. GAWD! LIFE IS GOOD. I have lots of room for wet dogs in the back too. I haven't had a wife in 21 years! LIFE IS REALLY GOOD! I have to go and try to shovel the van out of the 2" of snow we got yesterday, I need more reloading supplies. The dogs are buggin me and rabbit season runs for another 2 months. LIFE IS GREAT! LIVE IT!

9. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

"Face it, it's a girly man vehicle like a Subaru (also known as a lesbaru). "

Sounds like you and your friends are a little insecure about your manhood. Time to grow up guys and stop making stupid jokes like you did in 8th grade.

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

If you get one with the V6 it will outperform most of your friends vehicles, check the specs.

11. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Sounds to me like all the people that tell you to suck it up, and don't listen to the girly-man remarks must drive girly-man vehicles, too!!!

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Can't say enough good things about our 2011 Limited 4WD RAV 4 V6. Leather, Nav, heated seats, 4WD, plenty of power, 10yr 100,000 mile warranty and all for under $30,000 brand new. How many vehicles can you say that about anymore?

13. oletymer

oletymer Member

People that make remarks
    like that usually suffer from penis envy.

14. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The RAV is macho compared to my Wife's Xb Scion Browing Diva ride that we've used for shoots over the last four years...

Can ya feel my pain??

Guy B.

15. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I've got a 2008 with a V6...tain't nuthun sissy about it's performance. That car has some get up and go. However, it is a girly car...no doubt about it. It's not a sissy car like a Prius but it's not very butch either.

16. WGB

WGB Member

JohnBT,

You evidently didn't read his original post. He was concerned he had a girly man car and I, along with others confirmed his suspicion. Ask for an opinion, get an opinion.
    Your response was a display of insecurity and/or ignorance. Mine was just a response to a question, you evidently took offense. Must be insecure in your Subaru since you had nothing to add?

17. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Think of the money you will save from the "less macho" car needing repairs and gas bills....you can use the money to buy a LWRC, LMT, SCAR, NOVESKE, BMC, etc. and lots of ammo and get to practice a lot....so at the next shoot, you can kick "insecure men in need of macho posturing vehicles" butt........

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The RAV 4 V-6 AWD is very useful and performs well. (A newer version expected next year if Toyota gets its act together...) Very different from the first generation RAV, original RAV 4 is lady school teacher's car 'cause it is boring, reliable, small, etc....perfect to carry a few things like extra books, plants, science projects...but the new generation RAV 4: Fast and stable for its class...a Swiss Army Knife of Vehicles.

Actually, sometimes I feel that my big old diesel Duramax 4x4 3/4 ton truck is a bit of a "girly man's car": Torque curve is so flat, it takes no skill to drive it smoothly, no getting on a cam, no rumpity-rump idle, good visability, just a big old friendly sheepdog of a truck. Many women drive these and their are, well, "girly" 'cause they are so docile!---and particularly docile with Banks enhancements for towing.

So what is a "man's" car: I dunno anymore, maybe something so old school it hurts one's arms to turn the steering wheel. Not for me; come to think of it, the Infiniti G35X that my wife drives is a bit of a man's car due to the steering effort---basically a 350Z car with a sedan body...UP for the Rav 4!!!

19. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Don't let other peoples opinions become yours. If you love it that is all that matters.

20. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

To Frank Little Shooting: "Pay attention to the person/machine relationship" and you will be fine with the vehicle you choose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are 1st generation rav 4s girly