1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Toyota is trying...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

Long story, but the upshot is that Toyota is paying for $800 worth of repairs to my '01 Tundra. Also talked to a couple of very nice people at Toyota. Repairs were related to, but not part of, a recall.

They are trying...

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The dealership finally own up to punchering the tank when doing the strap recall?!

ss

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

I don't know all the details. I ended up talking directly to Toyota's corporate offices. I got assigned a "case number" and a "case manager". She was really nice. Then I got a call from her telling me that they were going to reimburse me for the costs of the tank replacement. Then a couple of hours later, the dealer called me and told me the same thing. They said they would be sending me a check. Then about 1/2 an hour later, Toyota called me back and wanted to know if the dealer was in contact with me. All good. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the check. And...Toyota asked (and received) pictures of the removed parts. Digital photography is nice. Just glad the dealer still had the parts...

Bruce

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Glad it worked out. After this I would find another dealer.

My family did business with a Ford dealer here for 25 years. I wound up taking delivery of a leased company truck from a dealer across Portland, against my wishes. It needed service, so I took it in to the local dealer, who is only a short distance from my house. They flat refused to work on it because it was not purchased there, and would not listen that I had no choice of where it was delivered to. They lost all of our business. (I found out later they were not supposed to be able to refuse to work on it, but at the time I did not know this, being a young man without a lot of experience, and they took full advantage of that.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.