1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Toyota caught lying

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I guess Toyota was stretching the truth a little.

ss

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Oh boy, what a surprise!!

Curt

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not that I am defending Toyota but the problem is with floor mats- and the article doesnt say they lied --

Toyotos solution was to remove the floor mat

That solution apparently wasnt accepted because someone else could put another floor mat in apparently that might have the same issue

sounds like if a floor mat bunches up it can get stuck besides the gas pedal

People that mistate this- must have an axe to grind-- pretty darn pitiful way to go day to day- looking for someone else to blame their problems on

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Toyota has a new ad. "Get that NASCAR feeling. Buy a Toyota". Some of the cars that crashed did not have floor mats.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

This thread seems like a Union attempt to bad mouth Toyota?

6. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

The word Vega comes to mind!!

7. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

If in fact the floormat was bunching up as aftermarket floormats will also do and you are to stupid to see what is happening ....do you think you should be driving??? I asked an old friend once....what happened to these people 150 years ago....his reply "They are the ones that died along the way" nuf said.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A couple sheet metal screws and washers fixes it.

And for that matter, stuck at 120, not knowing to shut off the key or put it in neutral, but having time to use the cellphone is candidacy for a Darwin Award.

HM

9. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

I am always (probably should not be) surprised at the number of people on this forum who still buy into the MSM hype and biased reporting. Toyota did not "lie" about the problem. They discovered an issue, and voluntarily issueda recall to fix it (the Feds did not "catch" it or anything until after Toyota issued the recall-the Feds are just jumping on the bandwagon, again). Whether or not the Toyota "fix" (that is, simply replacing the floor mats) is the best solution (or even a good one) seems be not be the topic-just that Toyota some how "lied." I could understand the feds deciding the solution was not the right one, and wanting something more permanent or judging some other fix as being better, but all they, the MSM and some here seem to want is to cry "gotcha" at Toyota.

Jim R

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The BIG THREE, Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai ... Made in America by Americans that want to work not like them other guys ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

I was at the crash scene after the CHP officer and his family were killed in that horiffic accident. This man was a 20+ year veteran of the Highway Patrol and it seems to me that he would have the knowledge to try everything in his power to disable this car. It was a loaner from the dealer as he was having his car serviced, and was less than 8 miles from the dealership. This was one of the worst accidents I have wever witnessed.

Clyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.