1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tours in a combat zone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Do you think our guys and gals should be forced to serve more than one tour in a combat zone. When I was in Vietnam it was one year tour. Thank god.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

They volunteered didn"t they?

Gne J

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

yes, they had courage to do so for this country. I think about what there doing everyday. Tough people.

4. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

My personal opinion is NO they shouldn't have to.. That said, my son is on his 4th tour...And, yes I've been scared every day, every time...

Larry

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I was drafted in 1966 for two years, spent the first year training for combat....then eight months in VietNam crew-ing a Huey. The remainder of my 2 yr & 3 months of service was spent in Army hospitals recovering from wounds recieved in battle.

IMO, that's what the Army is for.......to fight wars. Now if we sign folks up for lets say a six year enlistment, train em for a year....then off for a 12 month combat tour........what are we gonna do with 'em for the remaining four years?

John C. Saubak

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

My daughter is a flight nurse in the A/F and has been to Iraq twice, vacating the wounded, and most likely will be doing a tour in Afghanistan in the near future. She signed up, she is an officer, it is her duty. I am a little nervous when she goes but that's part of life. Bulge.

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

They don't care how many tours you do as long as your still fit for duty. My brother did two tours in Iraq. He was about 3 wks away from his terminal leave and they were going to send him back again.

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The difference is the draft then, vs all volunteer now.

Guy Babin

9. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

The Air Force has alot of AFSC rotating every six months in to combat zones. The guys that like to hunt and fish go in the fall, if you have a young family two weeks before Christmas, and if you own a ski boat you got it, June.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.