1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Touch Up Gun Blueing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cementman, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cementman

cementman Member

Wondering if anyone has worked with the various products to touch up gun blueing. One product that comes to mind is Blue Wonder Gun Blueing?? Have a small rub on a barrel, 1/4" wide x 1" long, that must of hit another barrel in either my safe or a gun rack. Rub is not down to bare metal, just a slight discoloration. Many would say just live with it but as anal as I am about my shotguns, would like to touch it up.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can use instant blue to touch it up. What you use is not as important as the preperation of the area to be blued. Use rubbing alcohol to degrease the area. Use 0000 steel wool to apply the blue. Warming the metal before applying the blue can help. Apply additional coats until the color is right. Apply soapy water to stop the process. Apply oil to protect the surface. HMB

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Birhwoods G96 from Cabellas or Brownells works great ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.