1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Total Hip Replacement?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by leadvail, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadvail

leadvail Member

After reading about knee surgery, thought I would throw this one out there since I need a Total Hip Replacement (r) and am putting it off untill spring so I don't have to be on one leg in the winter. If you had it done, how long were you out before you started shooting? I know my shooting really was affected late summer because of the leg and back pain when I wasn't sure what was wrong and look foward to hopefully being able to be normal again (soon). Really suck's since I am only 55 and should be too young for this crap.

Bob

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Easy as cake.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Just make sure you find an Othopod that specializes in hip surgery ... NOT one that does only a few per year!

I have had both hips done, was shooting 5 weeks later, had a basket on my "walker" for my shells and carried the shotgun across the bars.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Had my rt hip done three years ago. Was back shooting in a month or so. Do the physical therapy. By three months, little or no pain and had normal movement. Just listen to your surgeon and don't do too much right away. Watch bending and whatever else they tell you. It really sucks when that 50 year/500,000 mile warranty runs out!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.