1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Total ATA Members?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IndyShotgun, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

For promotion purposes, I need figures on just how large trap is.

Saw this on shootata.com:

"Community
    The ATA has over 35,000 active members that are dedicated to trapshooting, become a member today and gain the insight, camaraderie, and competitive edge that go along with becoming an ATA member."

Also found this on another ATA page:

"During the 1998 target year, 54,208 ATA members participated in one or more of the 6,275 registered tournaments contested throughout North America."

Only a fraction of members participate in an event. If the ATA has 35,000 total members, the amount of individual shooters recording registered targets will be well below 35,000, and the 1998 number of total members would have been well above 54,000.

Did the ATA really lose that many members in 13 years?

Is anyone close to White Flyer and know if their sales up or down over 1998? I'd like to compare the amount of total target shooting vs. the number of ATA memberships.

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why do you keep stirring the pot against the ATA. If you are trying to promote Indy forget it, you basically don't even have a gun club that is going to be there in the future. You keep pushing the negative try being positive once.

If you want to know numbers buy a Trap and Field average book and make the calculations.

Don

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

White Flyer sells targets. They are used for Trap, Skeet, Sporting clays and other ganes. How would they know the exact number that were shot at trap? JRm

4. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Quit attacking everyone who so much as asks anything about the ATA, Don. I reviewed some old posts, and you've been mean since at least 2006, calling people "idiots," and such.

We need to know the total number of trapshooters so that we can use this number to show the extent of our sport. It would be nice if ATA membership corresponded to the total number of trapshooters, but it seems like ATA membership is declining. What we need to know is if trap overall is declining or just ATA membership.

White Flyer will tell us if target sales are up or down over 1998, but what they can't tell us is how many trapshooters there are.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

BIGDON, gee whiz, your mean.....

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

Indy,

Trap overall and the ATA is declining.

Don Verna - the other Don - the nicer one.

PS: I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Lets see. DBTM has never added anything good to a post, he has never started a thread, he has never made a friendly post, he will cry to the people who watch the site and say someone said something that hurt my feelings(I had one of my post deleted because he didn't like the name I use for him) He how ever can call anyone anything he wants to and nothing will be done. Double Standards as always.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I'd like to know too, for just general information. Not sure if asking White Flyer would help that much. They are one of at least 3 target manufacturers in our area, so whatever numbers they'd provide would be relative(not including targets sold to the other clay sports). Good luck.

9. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Stokin,

Who are the 3 target manufacturers in your area.

I got White Flyer and maybe Lawry's.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Midwest Targets is another target manufacture although i do not know how much they are used by Trap clubs. I use to deliver lime to their plant in Litchfield, IL to be used in their target making. Kinda of neat to see.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I seriously doubt that target count could give the nuumber of ATA members because there are a lot of practice targets thrown at many little clubs all across the nation, beside there being another shooting organization (PITA), NSSA, NSPA, and they all use targets ... The ATA would or should have the tally but its probably not to their advantage to publish it which would reveal how secure or shaky the future of competitive shooting is or isn't ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Indy Shotgun: Big Don is one of the worst posters on TS.com he ridicules every one. Especially those that are asking legitimate questions.

That would be a good indication from White Flyer on target sales to registered shoots.

He posts w/o his real name to try to remain annomoyus not spelled right, I know that also big don.

Hell Big Don has rode my a** on everything I have posted, so much my a** is like leather, Hey Don why don't you post with your name VASELINE, or like this
    Big Don Vaseline, so I can ride you easier.

When I shot years ago the attendance was really up at the GRAND I don't think we will ever see those days again with all the rules changes that have been made supposedly for the better of the sport.

What it actually did was favor the Top Dogs for better averages the most significant was the 2 hole targets and 60/40 payouts so they could get an extra 10% of the shooters money, and the 1250fps Shot shell speed.

So now you get the drift of what has happened Indy Shotgun.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

BDTM= BigDon The Moron. It fits.

14. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

indyshot, who is "we"? Just what do you plan to do with your scientific information?

15. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Ditto ... Auctioneer YOU NAILED IT

16. grntitan

He/she is preparing for the Grand in Indy. Didn't you read his posts on other threads? Didn't you know the Grand is moving to Indy?

17. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

I should have checked the archives. Other posters state that the ATA has around 30,000 members.

Bottom line: 30,000 ATA and 4,000 PITA, with some overlap. This is troubling. We need to see a bigger number.

The NRA supports all shooting, however and whenever. Does the ATA support all trapshooting, or does it only get involved with registered trapshooting?

18. grntitan

Indy--That info is flawed in many many ways. It is fact that the ATA and Sparta as well as many other locations were meeting way back. The ATA had knowledge way back that they were gonna have to move but failed to do sh!t about it.

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There were big numbers tossed around before the move to Sparta, have to figure it was to promote the building of the facility ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. missed some

missed some TS Member

I know the answer, but I'm not tellin cause it's a secret. But if you learn how to read the info is out there. mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

total number of registered trap shooters