1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tornados in south eastern states

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by valmet, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

just wondering if any of our t.s.com-ers. were affected by this storm.-- hoping and praying that all are okay. dennis

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

A couple touched down not too far from here in Ky. Some damage but no injuries. More extensive damage and a few deaths North and East of where I live.

3. sleepy bill

sleepy bill TS Member

Memphis Sport Shooting had one tornado come within a mile of the club and we lost one piece of metal roofing on the skeet club house. I live about a mile from Hickory Ridge Mall and they had a great deal of damage. Two miles south of my house we had three people killed when a warehouse got hit. If you have never seen the damage a tornado does you will not believe your eyes. If it had not been for our local TV station broadcasting non-stop during the storm I think you would have seen more lives lost. The three people that were killed south of me were at work when the walls came down on top of them. From reports of other workers in that facility they were trying to take cover when the storm hit. Tornados are a dark side of mother nature that you never want to see. Storm chasers that chase these storms have a serious mental problem and probably should not be allowed out in public. Bill Hardison Memphis Sport Shooting

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I agree with you Sleepy. Those storms are not to be played with. The force they can put out is amazing.Those of you who have never seen the damage up close I can only say good for you. Those of us who have witnessed it and lived thru it----well, most of us don't want to chance it a second time. Once was enough for me--for the rest of my life anyway. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.