1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

tornado brush

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin62, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

will a tornado brush scratch the inside of the barell since it is made of stainless steel.

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I have used one with a drill in a chrome barrel and was ok.

tony

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Use one often in my guns and have had no problems. Be sure to inspect the brush carefully before and after use to make sure the loops do not break. I think if one was to run a Tornado brush thru the barrel with a broken loop it may actually scratch the inside of the barrel. Not that anyone wants a scratch down their barrel, but it wouldn't affect the performance one but if it did have one. JM2C--Matt

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I used stainless tornado brushes for about 15 years and never noticed any problems. Some people have apoplexy if you mention them though.

Use a bronze one (see link above) and you won't have to worry about it.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I don't see that a T-brush will do anything that a regular phosphor-bronze brush won't do, and cheaper. And you don't have to check for broken pieces.

MK

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"I don't see that a T-brush will do anything that a regular phosphor-bronze brush won't do, and cheaper"

I use to think the same thing until i had ran just a bronze brush(no solvents) thru my gun at the range. A friend said, "tell me when you think its clean". After i thought what looked nice and clean, he ran his Tornado thru the barrel. I was amazed at what came out that a brand new bronze brush hadn't touched. Sold me. That being said, i use one only occansionally. I normally use my bronze brush with a patch on the end with solvents first and then procede with my cleaning process.---Matt

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am not interested in brushing my teeth with a brush that is harder than my teeth or brushing my gun barrels with a brush that is harder than my barrels.

Pat Ireland

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Pat,

How do you know that the material used in the tornado brush is harder than the material used in your barrels?

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Hey pat read v-10 post, and check out the link. If your barrels arent any harder than what he is advocating, I'd sure hate to shoot one of your guns. Read it all before you comment and maybe be a little open minded Huh?

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.