1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Torn rotor cuff repair

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well leaving the house shortly to go get my shoulder operated on. Don't like this. Bulge.

2. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

are the able to scope it?

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes Tex, that is what he is planning. Mike.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

The key to your recovery is to do the therapy EXACTLY as you are told ... no more no less. It is a painful surgery and process, but worth the effort. Take your pain meds 40 minutes before your therapy. I've had both repaired. They are not like new again, but way better than before the surgeries. Good luck. Bill Malcolm

5. texasbilly

texasbilly Member

I had my right shoulder done a few years ago (I am right handed). The arthroscopic surgery resulted in some short term pain, but that was not the problem that I faced. For one week, while my arm hung in a sling, I had to do everything left-handed. That included shaving, eating, working, and wiping my butt. The only thing that I did right-handed was therapy - lots of it.

For what it is worth, at the end of the first week, I was allowed to take my arm out of the sling and take a shower. I never realised how enjoyable a nice warm shower could be. I felt like a new man. After that, the recovery went smoothly and quickly. Yours will too.

Bill

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge, good luck and remember to do the therapy every time that you are suppose to; not just at the therapsit office. After five shoulder surgeries I have my own parking place at the their office! Keep your expectations high for yourself and you'll do fine.
    Bruce

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

My brother does this kind of surgery (he's an orthopedic surgeon.)

He says the number one reason for failure is people either don't do the therapy as prescribed, or they do too much with that arm too soon after the surgery.

8. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Mike I had both of mine done and did a little more than what I was supposed to in the way of therepy and I came out of it well. Still shoting that Tm1, just restocked it. Keep your chimn up you'll do fine ..Chuck

9. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Had my right shoulder operated on 3 years ago. I waited too long (10 years) to have it repaired after I did the damage. I had also split the socket, which they pulled back together and put a couple of staples in, and they had to also tie up the bicep which was hanging by a thread.
    Operation was done on a Wednesday and therapy started on Friday. I was off the pain killers in 5 days. I have 100% use of that shoulder (the doctor warned I may only have 80% use) and it has been pain free. I have started back to shooting after 35 years away from the clay birds and the shooting has not been a problem. Hitting them like I should after that long away has been a problem though.
    Keep a positive attitude, and as other have recommended, do the therapy. You will be fine.
    Best wishes.

Bob

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Good luck Bulge. I had three surgeries on two shoulders. Both will never be right. Left one is beyond repair. Sometimes the surgery works and sometimes not. Do the therapy, but don't overdo it. Keep the pain meds on schedule, since it's hard to get relief once the pain sets in.

11. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

After two ortho surgeries on the right shoulder they finally installed a reverse shoulder, (look it up, it works), can't shoot from that shoulder any more (too much hardware in the way) so I learning to shoot left handed. Believe me, they can do wonders..just do all the therapy they perscribe and get used to sleeping in a recliner & don't pass on the pain meds, the world is much easier to put up with that way. You'll get used to it..every time you move in bed and bump the shoulder it wakes you up..in the recliner, no trying to roll so you'll sleep much better.

Good luck
    Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.