1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Topper Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Terry Shellhamer, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Shellhamer

Terry Shellhamer TS Member

I was wondering if anyone has purchased and shot the new Topper Trap Gun yet? I have called around and they are now available but I have not seen one or gotten any info anywhere that someone has shot one. Fin Feather and Fur said that there dist. has them and I can order one but they probably won't get one just to have there to show people. He said they sell for $319.00 which is cheap enough - but I still don't want to buy one without even looking at it! Any info appreciated. Terry

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I've been trying to get one for months now with no luck. I did just receive an Email today about one being available in western Michigan....I'll keep you posted.

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

I shot with a young man at the Grand at one of the practice fields and he was really smoking the targets with it. He seemed to enjoy shooting it. It was a demo gun but I don't know what dealer had let him use it.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The link should take you to the H&R website where you can find all the info on the Topper.

Eric

5. letts

letts TS Member

The NRA hunter magazine has a good write up about the gun. Check it out

Letts

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's advertised as having a monte carlo stock, yet all the pics show a straight comb stock. So which is it?

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Isn't that the same type of gun Bruce Bowen tried to destroy here a while back? Not the same exact set up but close? Hap

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hap

You are correct. Bruce Bowen tried his best to destroy one. The gun is based on their standard single barrel that is chambered for rifle cartridges as well. It's a very strong action. While not very pretty, it will continue to function for quite some time. I don't think I've ever seen one break. They are rough and not finely finished, but if it fits and smi=okes targets, why not? It might be good as a spare or loaner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.