1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

topline, angle porting or proport?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by doc boc, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doc boc

doc boc Member

i'm considering having a barrel ported, any of the above better than the rest. thanks doc

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

What kind & brand of a gun are you considering having ported. If its a high end gun don't do it, you will kill the gun's value.

Phil Berkowitz

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mine was done by Pro Port. I don't know if they are any better than the others, but they were handy when I wanted mine done. This thread will be full of posters who do not like porting. I like the porting on my gun. It probably will not increase the value of your gun, but contrary to what others will state, I doubt that it will decrease the value.

Pat Ireland

4. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

COME ON MARTY-YOU KNOW BETTER THAN TO RUIN ONE OF THOSE BEAUTIES-RICK

5. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I'm another who likes porting. If your going to have it done make sure it's by a reputable company. I also had my work done by Pro Port (division of MagnaPort). ProPort has the shotgunners special which is pigeon porting and lenghtening the forcing cone. This is what they recommend (and I had done on my 90T) for target guns due to the amount of shooting to be done with them. Porting on any standard production trap gun will not effect the resale of it. Port a mint original Model 12 trap and you will probably cause some on here to have a heart attack.

Joe

6. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

ProPort for sure and you don't have to clean them. 1 1/8 oz. above 1200fps. sometimes will knock me off for the second shot. The ProPort helps IMHO in this regard. I have it on all my guns and have tried others to my dislike for various reasons, mostly because of the cleaning aspect.

7. prairieviper

prairieviper Active Member

Angle Porting by Ballistic Specialties did mine. I happen to like their style of porting but like Mr. Ireland and ProPort, Angle Porting was around when I wanted it done.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Seitz style is my fave. It was the same for Seehase too. Proport second. Angleport, OK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does angle porting help

pro port trapshooters forum