1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Topeka Westboro Baptist Church

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Unsingle, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

The Supreme Court has ruled today that the First Amendment protects fundamentalist church members who mount attention-getting, anti-gay protests outside military funerals. The court voted 8-1 this morning in favor of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka.

I understand the First Amendment, but protesting funerals of people they don't even know is wrong. I have been to military funerals that they have protested, and it is awful. I have seen the pain inflicted by this group in the faces of the family whose son died in the war, and it is so sad. This sick group has got to be stopped!!

I just hope that when one of the Justices or their family die, that their funeral is protested by these scum bags.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

If you that strongly, grow a set and go stop 'em.

Curt

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Makes me fu@#ing sick to my stomach. This is not a Christian Church nor are their members Christians. These people are the scum of the Earth. They are lower than Whale sh!t. I can't believe that our forefathers had these pieces of crap in mind when they wrote the First Ammendment. They have to be rolling over in their graves. My dad was a Vietnam vet and both Grandfathers WWII vets. They fought hard for our freedom and then to have this happen. It makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

4. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Curt - we have stopped them on several occasions. What have you done lately that is any good? I thought so. Post stupid remarks on trapshooters.com.

You're just another tough man behind the keyboard. Join us at some of the protest, we'll show you what a tough man really is.

5. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I hope they don't show up at mine, my wife might just shoot them. What a bunch of low life scum. Ignore Curt, liberals abound here and apparently he has little respect for vets.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

They are a bunch of low life scum...but which one of you toughies are gonna do anything except whine??

I've done more for the good of this country by mistake than you've done on purpose.

Also, use your brain for more than a rectum wipe, I was not sympathizing with the church pukes, rather, I was advising the poster to go do something, just don't sit on your thumbs and spin.

Curt

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

This country is more about the rights of the few than the rights of the majority even if the majority gets stepped on. Too bad we can't vote them out like Iowa did.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bus in the folks from the San Francisco Parade to keep them company.

Westboro has attracted the same kind of scum that is occupying the Capitol building in Madison.

Most of them had to have grown up without parental guidance. Respecting the privacy of others is just as important as their so called free speech.

Karma will take care of those pukes in some way, maybe not tomorrow but some day.

HM

9. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I am in charge of our local Cemetery here in Upstate NY. If any of those Westboro scumbags showed up here to protest, I think I would go to a local Dairy Farmer and "borrow" some liquid manure and "accidentally" spray it on them. The fumes from that stuff will make your eyes water. Anyway, the protesters would smell better. Larry Evans

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the SC ruling, thats what our brave men and women have fought and died for FREEDOM.

As for the group, Church or not, counter action by others is the best way of shutting them up!

Has any group thought about picking their church on Sunday mornings? Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

There is no where in the Bible(mine anyways) that allows for their actions!

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Its time for some old timers,such as the 84 year old sniper, to have some target practice. If I was given a death sentence by God in the form of a terminal illness, who knows where the next terminator may come from. Why people who have done the right thing have to be tormented by criminals.and individuals of pervert our justice system is beyond me. We need more Jack Ruby's. I believe he was a "terminal terminator"

12. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Curt:
    "I've done more for this country by mistake than you've done on purpose."

If you're spewing your narcissistic venom toward me, know that you're directing it at a disabled Vietnam Vet. I don't need to "grow a set" and it seems clear to me who's using their brain as a "rectum wipe." If the intent of your first post was different than the way it came across, maybe all you need is a writing class - and a little more humility. Many on this forum have contributed or are contributing to the well being of this country. No doubt many have contributed far more than you. Maybe you might try being a bit more humble. Just MHO.

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hawk...what Airborne unit were you with??

Curt

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Never had any of these people at any funerals anywhere close to where I live. If I ever do I will pay the fine and spend the required nights in jail but it will be worth it to beat the crap out of whichever one of them I get to first. I have a clean record and I'm old enough now that it wouldn't matter anyway. I think if enough of us old coots would take up fists in civil disobedience they might have a change of heart.

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It sucks with gusto, but we need to protect the constitutional rights, they're trying hard enough to do away with the second amendment, it they chip away at the first it will give them more ammo

But myself I would use an aluminum base ball bat, if the bastards ever showed up at a funeral I was at, I bet the ping along side their head would sound real good, and my old fists aren't as tough as they used to be, and they ain't worth hurtin my old fists

16. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I'm with ya Silver. At 64 I care less if I pick up a rap sheet, LOL. A Texas judge would probably let me off anyway, might even take me out to dinner, ha!

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gary---You are right. That said i still can't think our forefathers whom wrote the First Ammendment had these dirtballs in mind when they wrote it. I'm sorry but its Anti-American to NOT support your armed forces. If you don't support the people who died to give those rights, you should loose them!!

These Men and Women(our soldiers) signed up to protect our rights and offer their lives in exchange if need be.

These haters posing as Christians should be deported. I'll live with that decision without a concious. How about sending them on a boat off the Somalia coast. They can preach their BS on those pieces of sh!t.

Matt

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I hope they piss off some militant Muslims.

19. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I don't see why some of the locals don't take offense and kick their asses?

What does the Supreme Court say about kicking their asses?

I bet nothing, if you don't get caught.

Is it illegal to paintball someone in a drive by? Only if you get caught.

People used to get their asses kicked when they did shit like that?

We are much too civilized for that now.

I prefer the other way. If there is fear of retribution then less bad stuff happens.

Randy

20. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Gary, your point is well taken and I know that everyone here believes in the right of free speech. If I wanted to protest something, however, I wouldn't choose to do it at the funeral of one of America's finest. It's in incredibly poor taste and steps on the honor of the country just to try and make a point on a totally unrelated social issue. It's in the same category as those who would spit on and burn our flag in the street. I'm sorry, but "free speech" has its limits as far as I'm concerned, even though I can't fault the court decision. The better approach might be to concede them their rights - and just beat the crap out of them with said baseball bat. Better yet, with an army helmet attached to and swung from a chain. That might hurt a little...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.