1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Single Weight Ripped Out!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sam (ATA Noobie), Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Howdy folks,

Well, two shoots ago, the weight on the end of my K32 top single ripped the threads of the barrel out. All of a sudden, the weight was just kind of hanging there off the end of the tube. I was 46 straight and then dropped the 2 after this happened (probably just mental) but the gun is far too wippy without the weight.

I should qualify by stating that this weight system was never very 'professional' but the barrel came this way and it worked. There are only 3 threads in the tube itself, which isn't enough.

However, I could re-tap it and have the weight turned and re-threaded for the larger hole, but I'd rather fix it right the first time. Below are pictures. Any ideas/ people who can help?

The barrel is a simmons, but has also had custom choke work done somewhere else. Not sure where the weight was done. I bought the barrel from someone on here who might know, but I've since lost their contact information.

Thanks all,

Sam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Have a gunsmith silver solder it- it will never move-- Pat Gottberg will do that in Wells MN

I also have a custom simmons barrel I am selling that has a built in (not added on) weight in the if you are interested- the barrel is subdued nickle( so it blends with the sky- no barrel checks) and 32 inch full choke

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Sam- I make weights that will go b/w the top barrel and the bottom stub, hidden under your forend. Check out the website above.

Ian

4. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

I might have to give Pat a call. He did the annual, service on K-32 last April.I couldn't tell if the plug just came out, or if it was soldered/welded on there somehow.

If it's easily removable, I'll just pull it and weld a nut to the backside that matches the weight's thread pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.