1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

top single vs. unsingle - which should I use?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sam T., Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

I was fortunate enough to acquire a 3 barrel combo (32" o/u, 34" unsingle & 34" top single). Having been away from trap shooting for some years, I have noticed that the unsingle has gained in popularity. In the past, I have always shot a 34" top single.

So, with a fresh start should I learn to shoot top single or the unsingle?

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'd suggest starting with what's most like what you were shooting previously (top single). Once that feels good or has issues, you could just try the un-single to see if you like it better or not. As the devil says, this decision is way too subjective for anyone to tell you what will work for you or not. The mantra on the un-single benefits basically are that the barrel is lower and, thus, more straight back recoil rather than rising and the fact you should be able to spot birds sooner without a barrel blocking more view than just the high rib. I've shot both, can't hardly tell the difference and I'd certainly go with whatever shot best for me....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I prefer the unsingle simply because the felt recoil is less than the top single given identical barrel weights. The recoil is directed into the shoulder instead of over it...much more comfortable to shoot.

Mike

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The first thing to do is go to the patterning board. Shoot from a rest at 13 yards and compare the POIs. Remember the unsingle will be a little lower than the top single at that distance. This will help you to make an informed decision. HMB

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

why is that?

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have shot both, its strictly subjective and your choice may be different than mine ... Check them out on the grease sheet and see which one might work for you and then use that one ... The nice thing about having a 3 barrel set is you probably have something that will work for you ... Personal Preference really ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.