1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

#####TOP SINGLE or UNDER SINGLE #####

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by goose2, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

What is the best gun to own a top single or a under single? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? The top singles are less money, but are the under singles the way to go?

2. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Some people feel they shoot better with the topsingle others with the unsingle, go figure.

Berettaman7

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I chose an un-single for my combo set. The primary reason I made that decision was at the time I got my K-80, that was the only choice available. Some decisions are easier than others.

Pat Ireland

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

UNDER SINGLE, that's the way to go.

John C. Saubak

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Top Single with a high rib, that's the way to go but I'm biased.

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I, too, am biased. I shot an MX-3 top single for a couple years, then switched to a MX-15 un-single. While I shot them both ok, I never really felt comfortable with either one. Many years ago, I shot a friends DB-81 with the high rib, and shot it better than any gun I have ever owned. I decided to try a DB-81 to see if it still shot well for me. It did, and I bought one. Best move I ever made. I like it much better than a regular top single or an un-single. It fits my style of shooting better than any other. Best advice? Shoot them all and then decide which one you feel the most comfortable with, fits the best, and shoots where you are looking......Just my experience....Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Goose - All said and one it is a matter of what feels best to you. Try shooting both. Most unsingles today have adjustable ribs. That is why they are more popular. But several gun makers make adjustable ribs for their top singles. Again try them both and then decide what feels best to you. It is, first of all, a matter of confidence in one's equipment. - Jim

8. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Sell the single barrel and just use an O/U... Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.