1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ajc, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajc

ajc Member

I happened to catch the first episode of a new show on The History Channel, called Top Shot. They've brought together about a dozen top shooters who will compete in various shooting sports (unfortunately I saw no shotguns). Looks like it could be fun to watch. Check it out.

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'll take any gun show over the american idol type crap that plagues the tube.

3. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I'd like it better if it wasn't just another version of Survivor but I'll watch it anywho.

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I watched last night too...it was fairly lame.

The one dude couldn't hit what looked like a 10 or 12 inch target from a rest, with iron sights, at 100 yards - in THIRTY shots, they said at the end. And unless the rifle was grossly off, that's just not right for someone who holds themself out as a shooter.

And then in the elimination, they ganged up on the kid from US development team. The loser who couldn't hit the target picked him to shoot against for elimination, and then the kid just cleaned his clock, which was funny.

But hell, using a Remington 700 in .300 win mag, I'll bet I could do that, too.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I missed it. When and what network is it on?

7. ML

ML Member

If these fellows are the best they have at the shooting sports, cancel the show now.

Regards
    M.L.

8. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

It is on the History channel, new shows air on Sunday nights then they will apparently rebroadcast it all week long, just got to watch the elimination round a little bit ago as I was working the first night it came on and just caught part of it.

I have never been a fan of reality tv shows and that is exactly what this is.

Some of my coworkers told me about it couple weeks ago, stating "They are gonna have the best shooters in America on the TV, how come you weren't invited?"

After further research, I have determined that they found the biggest reality tv show goofs and trained them to somewhat handle a firearm, all the while giving them fake backgrounds like ex marine or professional shooter.

I would love to be in a competition like this as I love all things shooting related, from rifle, pistol, shotgun and bow. Alas they didn't want real shooters, they wanted tv stars to broadcast to the masses who are already familiar with things like: dancing with stars, american idol and survivor.

Oh and by the way, I seriously doubt they were using 300 win mag, more than likely 7.62 nato or .308 as it is known in the civilian world. Granted the military does chamber the 700 remington in that round, there is no reason to use it inside of 800 yards as a .308 will be just as effective on man size targets and I seriously doubt any of these tv show losers could handle the recoil of 300 win mag anyway.

Sorry for the rant....................I just hate reality tv shows.

Mr. Mark

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Mr. Mark...spot on....all I could think of while watching it was that just about ANY of the guys I hunt deer with on a regular basis could do whatever it was they wanted.

Hell, the guy that lost out ALMOST MISSED when he chose the kid to shoot off against...they had to shoot a pistol into a target with the name of the person he was voting for. Probably 10 yards, but maybe only 5, and the target was a damn pie plate size. The loser put it 6 o'clock, at least 5 inches low, from that distance. Can you YANK the trigger ANY MORE than that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.