1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Shot TV Show Explanation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Please see Mike Seeklanders view of his shooting on Top Shot. He is a well known shooter of great ability you just can't take "reality" tv at face value.

http://www.shooting-performance.com/top_shot_show_98.html

2. sliverbulletexpress

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fSsFhucoLI4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fSsFhucoLI4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. andybull

andybull Active Member

This guy and half of the rest are wannabees. There would be no reason for a page full of explanation if the guy was what he claims to be.

4. sliverbulletexpress

Andybul, have you ever been in that position shooting for $100,000 with a rifle that didn't shoot straight and a spotter that couldn't tell you anything? It's easy to Monday morning quarterback but we weren't there and it is a tv show so I wouldn't put anything past them to cause some drama. Unfortunately the show is more about playing the survivor game than shooting but at least they are showing guns in a good light and people who would never watch a pure shooting contest are watching.

Give the guy some slack, he's a former Marine and a well respected man, I think he handled it very well considering.

5. andybull

andybull Active Member

All I can tell you is what I saw in the show. The fellow had a chance to at least do a little better in the shoot off which he didn't. When I was younger I shot IPSC. There were a few ex service guys and cops involved in the competitions, very few impressed me with their shooting.

I suppose that all of these fellows have shot a lot. I would have taken every weapon out of my gun safes and practiced in order to be ready for anything that was put in my hands.

The show has shown me that the shooters don't have to be that good to make the show interesting. I know a few shotgun shooters who would put these fellows to shame shooting, be it rifles, pistols, bow and arrow, or sling shots.

Andy

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Im calling scripted BS.......needs something more than bang hit bang hit to hold the attention of just about anyone watching TV. Personally I would rather watch the wednesday line up of shows on the outdoorchannel. The sniper comp on militarychannel or mailcall.

I have watched 2 shows of the topshot thus far not a single sponsor from the shooting world.....hmmmm Husgvarna, some off road buggy things and heck I fell asleep

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I watched one show and I will not watch any more. It was a joke and always be a joke. Why they made this show I will never understand. TRASH

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I watched it on DVR and had high hopes. The host is a recycled Survivor contestant and he show was pretty bad. I'm out.

-Gary

9. shrek

shrek Active Member

I have to agree with the majority of the posters that this show is a waste of time to watch.

Most of the competitors appear to be a bunch of whiners and wanna be's, some much worse than others.... always somebody/thing else's fault.

I am not wasting any more time on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.