1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Shot (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Anyone watch the finale this week? How about that! A self taught IT guy beat them all.

2. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I watched the whole series and the IT guy got'em all.

In the final where they all shot the polls with the flip targets, did you notice that a lot of the shots turned the paddle but hit so hard it bounced back? I thought that sucked.

Last season when they shot the paddles on the poll they stayed.

The motar launcher on the final station was just too cool.

3. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

391 shooter, I watched the whole series as well. Really like how the super slow-motion shows so much detail of the target flight and bullet hits !!!

I noticed the same thing in the final show. A few times the flipper plates moved all the way back to the original side after being hit. I even went back with my DVR and watched it frame-by-frame, something like this could have influenced the outcome of that event.

I was kind of surprised the IT "geek" ended up winning the series, but he definitely was able to pick-up most of the weapons and shoot them well when needed. I hate that this show is set-up like a typical reality "survivor" series, but I just enjoy it for the Face-Value of getting to see some really impressive shooting weapons.

Would love to be a part of something like this.

4. Nikkisdad

Nikkisdad Member

Does anyone know where this is recorded, looks like California on a private ranch or????

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

That was some pretty good shooting in the final by both guys. The little IT dude definitely brought his A game. It was probably embarrassing for the Home Security/fire arms trainer/grenadier champ to get beat by a self taught IT guy.

I was surprised how they both flew through the course. The black powder pistol and the crossbow gig looked tough, but they both did well.

I'd like to try it too, but I'm not good at open sight pistol shooting.

6. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I think the IT guy had no preconcieved ideas as to how to do what. No ego and big talk etc, just shoot and have fun.
    In the final one on one, he was cool calm and collected at every station.

I DVR the series and blow through all the BS at the house and jaw jacking about how good some of them think they are and just watch the competition. The other stuff is just minusha to me.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I watch the first season and about 3 shows. I never watched it again. Thought it was nothing but crap.

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

They do get to shoot some cool stuff - I would have liked to have taken a run with the 30 cal Browning on the half track.

For a TV show its pretty good, I know of several people that are much better shooters but most of them but aren't really what you would describe as ready for the big screen show pieces. One of the contestants from the first year was a young lady that use to shoot action pistol with us, Maggie Reese - she is very much big screen material but she got washed out on an archery stage. Too bad because the next event was a race pistol stage which she would have easily dominated.

9. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

The final 2 were the worst 2 in the first challenge. Amazes me how the cop or whatever he was made it. He sucked so bad. He took over 30 seconds to pull the trigger on a blackpowder pistol because he forgot to cock it. Yet he makes it to the final??? But it's not rigged. Sure thing

10. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I do not know about you guys but I was 110% voting for that cute brunette who was always "gonna Kick Az"... sad she was eliminated from the show so early.... sigh.

11. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

The older cop commander,IMO he was just too good to not pull back the hammer taking so long. One drill using 1911 is tap bang pull.
    The long range shooting where the girl lost, timed event with wind blowing from 0 to 40 mph, cant be, I watched the flags on all shooters, hers were the strongest wind and she was the best rifle shooter of all.
    I like it but am hoping it will become a bit more fair somehow.

12. ky4some

ky4some Member

We love Top Shot at our house. My youth trap shooter and I watch every episode. Sure some of the house stuff is BS but who cares. They shoot great weapon systems and some of the challenges are amazing. At the end of every episode I say "I'd pay some big bucks to go to some kind of camp and get to run those courses." Someone should make a business like that.

Did you see the episode when they shot clay targets? The slow motion camera capturing a breaking target was very interesting.

Mike Kamer

13. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Nikkisdad It's filmed in the mountans outside Hollywood. AJ

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Last year's winner was also a self taught shooter, he was a kid's counselor at a church camp. They both sort of made the macho, exmilitary, police or security shooters look sort of meek and not so skilled.

I don't think it is rigger either. Mr. Macho also went to elimination challege how many times but I agree he shouldn't of been in the finals except for some good luck.

Yes I will watch next year.

Don

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Did you catch the after the show, show?

The IT guy hadn't spent any of his winnings and Greg who won the most challenges to stay in the game, won $6000 in gift cards, spent it on mostly AMMO!!

Best Show on TV!!!

The NY Times even had to admit it was the Best Reality show!! Based on "real winners and losers" NONE other reality show have that "definite" part of their games!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.