1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Producing Oil Nation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dhip, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhip

dhip Active Member

On the news this morning before I left to take those little darlings to school in the Yellow bus it was said the U.S. will be the top Oil drillng and producer in the world by 2014.And if I heard correctly they said by the end of 2013 the U.S. will be independanr and self efficient of foreign oil.Anyone else here this,seems funny coming out after an election,You'd think news like this would of been worthy of pre-election news.

Doug H.

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

CAN'T BE

Before the election I heard all of the scare tactics.

Obama's fault gas is so high

Obama not approving ANY new drilling

Obama

Obama

OBAMA

HOW CAN THIS BE TRUE????

GS

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

That's why what Doug posted sounds so untrue, the POS that inhabits the WH will do everything he can to make us dependent oh his muslim relatives

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Yeah thanks to the new oil found on PRIVATE lands in ND the US is near the top in oil production. Russia, Saudi, and USA all produce around 10M barrels per day. The problem is the US consumes around 19M barrels a day.

Now they talk about North America being self sufficient in oil in a few years, but that is North American: Canada, USA, Mexico. That means Canada and Mexico export their oil to the USA.

5. 548

548 Guest

Bisi, certainly even you can agree that writing a check to our allies (Canada & Mexico) is more desirable than writing a check to the terrorist sponsors of the Middle East.

We are moving in the right direction.

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I saw that report too.

They must think we will be getting rid of the EPA and having Republican Presidents for the next 6-8 terms.

7. 548

548 Guest

How soon we forget the Deepwater Horizon. Three months of unabated oil gushing into the Gulf of Mexico and still suggestions surface proposing the elimination of the EPA.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Producing all the oil in the world doesn't mean crap if there aren't enough refinery's to process it.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

We will become the largest exporter also.

10. Rick Barker

So we all admit, the story is a farce, right?

11. dhip

dhip Active Member

On one hand though,maybe that's why our price of gas is so high.Maybe,just maybe the Big Oil guys are finally getting or making enough profit to start more drilling here in the states.Also,the comments about sending the crude over seas to be refined and shipped back probably isn't to far off base either,again keeping the price up...Hmmmm,guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Doug H.

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I read somewhere that the reason fuel is so high priced here is we are exporting all the refined products to other countries that pay more for it

It sounds very likely considering the way all the funny money has lower the value of the dollar

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

"I read somewhere that the reason fuel is so high priced here is we are exporting all the refined products to other countries that pay more for it"

That is true. Although I do not know if it is all. I know we are currently refining more gasoline then we are using. As long as the contracts for the oil are from private land owners, we will have no say on where it will go for the most profit. If public land where opened to oil production, there better damn well be restrictions on where it goes, both before it is refined, and after. Then again, what oil company would agree to that? Look at the current off shore leases now. So, in reality, it really will not have any bearing on gas prices for us. I don't think it is in the oil companies best interest to reduce profits because they want to drive prices down on our behalf. They will do what any business would do, and go where the most profit is.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The Obama plan for becoming oil self sufficient is to get the average MpG rating of our vehicles up to 56.7 MpG. Going to be tough on us pickup truck guys.

15. Rick Barker

Fracking will be outlawed before Obama is out of office.

16. dhip

dhip Active Member

Thanks Barfin,,

My wife corrected me on that this evening also_Oil independent 2020..As suggested above,they must be counting on republican presidents to get that done.When's the last time a party ruled that long,I'm sure after this next 4yrs. the democrats won't have anyone worth running either.Maybe we should recheck the Mayan calenders again..LOL

Doug H.

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Imagine that...during the term of one of our most solar/wind oriented Presidents, it's announced that the US could be oil independant in future years.

Unbelievable and ironic.

It shows how American Business ingenuity prevails over political turd-dum.

18. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Actually, I had read this just prior to the election.

Tim

19. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The drilling cost in the U.S. is much higher than M.E., we need oil price to get to certain level to make the drilling worthwhile.

It depends on who and how you calculate, some reports said we need market price constantly above $80~85 per barrel to make it cost effective to drill here.

20. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

What I do know is I have payed more for gas over the last 4 years than any other time in history? And the bamster has said repeatedly he wants us to be on par with the rest of the world in the name of fairness. So I guess shutting off pipeline and closing US wells would tend to support his agenda. My lame prediction we will pay MORE not LESS in the near future. $6-10/gallon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.