1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top or Bottom bbl 1st. on 682 trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeezix, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeezix

skeezix Member

You get less muzzle rise from the bottom bbl as it is more inline with your shoulder. The recoil of the top bbl is high on your shoulder and it is above the center of gravity of the gun - so you will get more muzzle rise.

2. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

3. 548

548 Guest

There is no correct answer. Try both and see which works better for you. When I shot an over and under for singles I used the bottom barrel. So when I shot doubles I was always more successful using the bottom barrel for the second more difficult shot because the p.o.i. was second nature.

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Many competition doubles barrel sets are regulated so that the bottom barrel shoots the highest POI. For that reason, most shooters go with the bottom barrel first, but you need to pattern the gun to see if there are any "surprises". You never know, y'know?

best.....mike

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Iam curious where you shoot as I rarely hear to shoot the top first.

That said, if both barrels have identical poi its personal preference. Majority shoot bottom first. I shoot top on present gun.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Do what Dave S. says about shooting both bbls. at 13yds. to check POI of each. I had a DT-10 that I had to shoot the top first because it shot considerably higher than the bottom. Not all like O/U guns necessarily shoot to the same POI.

Steve

7. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

My 682 top barrel shot higher than the bottom!! I was having a time at doubles until I started using top barrel first and started breaking 10's! Which ever way works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.