1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Guns @ Dick's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grnberetcj, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Going to Dick's this morning, they have the Federal Top Gun's on sale for $4.98 per box.

This should be a interesting shopping experience.

I'll report back as to many boxes (flats) they don't have in stock.

Curt

2. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

I will hold my breath on this one....

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I just bought 4 flats of Top Guns yesterday.

Happily paid about $85 a flat.

Happy to be shooting American made shells.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They probably are the ones w/ 20 shells to the box HaHa. Hope not.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. k80bav

k80bav Member

Curt, call Bud Fini, he will be at Millington this weekend. I think Top Guns are 52.00 a flat and you can get all you want.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I went there last Tuesday after the holiday and they had one box. They refused to give me a rain check.

Today will be interesting. I am om the verge of complaining to the Consumer Protection Agency.

These are part of the tactics that put Montgomery wards under.

HM

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

funny stuff.

8. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

I bought 10 flats yesterday, no problem except they were individual boxes, no flats at $4.98 per box.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ok, I'm back from the Dick's trip or should I say, Trippin' @ Dick's.

At the 1st store between Newark & Wilmington (Christiana Mall, DE) I was able to obtain 5 flats. 4 flats were the pink 2-3/4 Dr., 1-1/8 oz, 8's and 1 flat of 3 Dr.. 1-1/8 oz, 8's.

At the 2nd Dick's location (Brandywine Cntr, DE), I was able to obtain 5 more flats of the pink, 2-3/4 Dr., 8's.

$49.80 per flat (no sales tax in DE).

Both stores are cleaned out except for a few single boxes on the shelves. I did ask both store clerks if they would be restocking and my query was met with a dumb look.

Hopefully I'll be able to trade the 1-1/8 oz stuff for some 1 oz.....???

Curt

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

As a side note and for anyone that's interested....both of these stores have a large inventory of Gun Clubs and Winchester's....just an fyi.

Curt

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

rwm12, Dicks has a Remington (I believe) Game/Target load on the sheves at all times that have 20 shells per box. They have them for $4.99 on sale quite often and many a quick shopper has been fooled by this. But only once, then they never want to shop there again. You've been warned. break em all Jeff

12. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

One time I bought a flat at Dick's and a few months later when I opened it I found that there were two boxes, supposedly of 25 to a box, that were short. One was, as I recall, 4 short and the other two short, or a total of six rounds less than the 250 it was supposed to be. I also had a very hard time actually getting the sale price. They tried everything possible to get me to just say "Forget It!" (or more likely similar but MUCH MORE DESCRIPTIVE words).

I just basically ignore Dick's ads from that time till now and will continue to do so in the future.

13. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Anyone know if Dick's in Southern California carrys shells? We are getting a new two-story Dick's next month in El Cajon (San Diego), but not sure if the screwed up laws here in the state will let them sell ammo and/or firearms..thanks, LB

14. senorric

senorric Member

Really, why would anyone shop at Dick's, a clothing and golf store? Besides, Wally World has 1 oz Top Gun's @ $4.77/box here in Syracuse!

15. Bama73

Bama73 Member

I went to Dick's earlier today and got what I think was an excellent buy. They had mailed me a coupon good for 25.00 off of a 100.00 ammo purchase. I went in to see what they had on sale and was surprised that both AA's and STS were 7.98 per box if bought by the case. Pink top guns were 4.98 per box so I walked out with a case of AA Super Handicaps and 5 boxes of 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8 pink top guns. Total cost tax included was 86.48. Only bad thing was they actually didnt have any unbroken cases so I had to get 10 individual boxes. All their ammo was on sale and the shelves were well stocked.

16. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

DICKS is the worst store iv ever been in

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They recruit their staff from Special Ed.

HM

18. oz

oz Active Member

I told the manager several years ago to stock a lot of flats. they just put opened flats out. none in back. he said the computer does the ordering. I said if you never sell them the computer won't know. oz

19. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

Bought 3 flats of Top Gun light 8's Pink Ribbon ones for $49.80/flat at my Dick's the other day.

20. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Cabellas has Estate shotshells for $4.99/box. $5 shipping on the whole order. I ordered 4 flats of 3 dram 1oz #8's. Funny, the 2 3/4 dram was $5.99.
    $204.60 total for 4 flats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.