1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top Books/Videos

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JN618, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JN618

JN618 TS Member

Hey guys,

I'm on my second year of serious trapshooting and I love this sport. My competiveness and love of shooting has led me to various ways of improving my skills. Guys at my gun club are great, some books i've aquired have helped, and magazines add a thing here and their. I've heard shooting lessons are very beneficial, but what books or DVD's do you recomend. These are the various categories I'm interestd in, but not limited too: Fundamentals (stance, mount, and body control), various methods of lead, and the mental aspect (my greatest challenge). Any response you could give would be much appreciated. My main goal is to not develop bad habits.

Thanks,

John

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Kiner's eye exercise video, Break Em' All by BJ McDaniel, Mark Taylor, Lanny Bassham's With Winning in Mind, Clay Target Shooting - The Mental Game.

Try deadtargetschool.com.

Look into a Jordan wall chart for off-range practice

Good luck.

Dave Eberhart

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Another source, Bruce Maxwell who posts on here, has some good material. Hopefully he will see your post.

Dave Eberhart

4. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

A couple of oldies but goodies: Insight to Sports featuring trapshooting. Helps train your eyes to know what to look for.

There was a book from Shotgun Sports that was a complilation of all Frank Little's colums from the magazine. About 20 or 30 short articles that give really good advice.

Both of the above should be available thru Shotgun Sports or maybe someone on this site will have them.

Stay away from ANY BOOK written by James Russel.

Shoot well

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Agree about the book by James Russel, above.

Also, consider: Trapshooting: My Life's Adventure by Phil Ross, advertised here. Phil gives an overview re. the basics in shooting trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.