1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 3 engineered Trap Guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fraz, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

Which Trap guns have the most advanced engineering ?, What sets them apart ?
    If you were about to spend the bucks, I've shot most but there is a difference, who's in the lead ?

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Blaser is the most sophisticated in engineering.

The company sells 90% of all guns sold in Germany.

You can change the dynamics with the weight system, set the rib to whatever point of impact you like, move the trigger to fit your hand; just get the stock to fit you length wise; also has the adjustable comb.

Great shotgun.

That's my opinion; I know others will differ what is good for them.

I like the shotgun because it can be adjusted to fit me, not the other way around.

Try one, as well as Krieghoff and Perazzi.

Dave

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Mach One by Devault Industries in Canton, Ohio. Will last several life times with gorgeous wood. Fred

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Nice thing about a Ljutic is the lack of "engineered improvements" just for the sake of bragging rights. Many seem to try and find the maximum number of pieces they can utilize to make the gun function. Ljutics are utter simplicity, made to work with the fewest possible pieces. Not the gun for everyone but if it suits your style of shooting it will last a lifetime.

Hard to argue with Dave, but in an effort to fit all with one gun is it over comlicated and more likely to become a "jack of all trades and master of none".

Many other conflicting opinions, I'm sure. At one time I was a Perazzi nut until I found a Pro 3 that suits me just fine. Not to say there are not others I would like. Just not now. Marc

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

ADVANCED ENGINEERING

Alfermann Built like a tank handles like a Ferrari. 5 second 1/2 turn of a screw change eject to extract or back. 10 minutes 2 allens and 3 parts to change the trigger group from crisp clean pull to crisp clean release. Tough as nails Armaloy finish on the receiver.

Blaser both Rifles and Shotguns are highly advanced with a lot of forward thinking.

Caesar Guerini for all the innovations that came about by listening to and acting on the wishes of the average trapshooter. Innovations that forced other bigger named makers to follow suit or be left in the dust.

--- Chip King ---

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Simple.....MX8

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Mch One is not made any more.

Have you seen the trigger assy on a Blaser w/stock off?

Now that is a work of art.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Chip King got it right--Alfermann--elegant,simple,reliable....SMOKIT

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Maybe the Cole for the lack of parts. Simple and it works. I have the lighter model as a back up. I shoot a P gun, lots of parts to break.Ray

10. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Tough-ljutic
    quality and balance-Perazzi

11. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Well apparently no one checked the balance of a Devault Infinity Ultra and if you ever seen a Trigger assembly you think of indestructible the inline doesn't move much at all to hit the firing pin and the coil spring as referred to before on TS.com as a front coil spring from a two wheel drive truck to me that's reliability and they all come with a stock made ONLY for you and NOT 10000 other people. Can't wait to see the NEW one coming out mouth watering just talking about it.

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Bowen, Kolar, Seitz?

Depends on how one defines "engineering". I once was told that anybody can design a starter motor for a Rolls Royce. But it takes genius to design one for a Chevrolet V-8. Of course this is overstated, but where am I going here?

Simple: Maybe the best engineered trapguns are contemporary Japanese-made Brownings in iterations from Citori, XT, and BT-99. Why? Engineering also includes designing something that works well and can be manufactured efficiently.

Come to think of it, maybe the original small block Chevy V-8 is a benchmark of great design/engineering!

Ah, but cost no object? Hard to say IMO about any mechanical object.......what is "engineered" and what is "art" and where do the two overlap?

13. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Well that really narrows down the field. I guess it doesn't matter, everyone likes the gun they bought.

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Seitz, Blaser, Guerini.

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Alferman, Seitz, Bowen, DeVault Industries, Cole, Ljutic.

They are all very well engineered and hard to seperate as what maybe lacking in one regard will have an inovation in design over another.

16. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Remington 1100. Drop out trigger, easy to work on. Change barrels, no fitting required. Gas operated recoil reduction system in place. When a part breaks it usually falls out of the bottom of the gun and is easy to replace. And there is no better feeling when you beat that expensive K or P gun with your 1100. HMB

17. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Worst design is Krieghoffs triggers. They work well but what a nightmare of parts and they don't drop out....SMOKIT

18. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Most of what is mentioned here is compared to driving a Abram tank to church just to show everybody that you can't be stopped.

But remember the saying ( Simplicity is Genius ) Most are over priced by a long way. But when you are making them on a small scale you are paying for a person livelyhood. Its just what you liked to be seen in when you drive. That means alot to many people and are willing to pay for the glitter. Wild Bill

19. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Beretta 303 is King of the automatics cheap and soft shooting everything after that got more complicated up to the 391 now discontinued. Rem 1100 is also a good trap gun the Benelli is coming on

O/U I prefer Perazzi for the handling Krieghoff is excellent quality but Browning will do the same at bargin basement prices

Single barrels Any of the top guns are wonderful the real deal here is the BT 99 I prefer single barrels to shoot have a few and just like the way they point balance and the longer sight plane they just work for me.

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Good line up Pheasantmaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

top 3 trap guns