1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tool for tightening Browning XT stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

What is needed to tighten the Browning XT stock with ajustable comb. Stock is loose.

2. FAT-BOY

FAT-BOY TS Member

Remove stock pad, remove comb. use long thin screwdriver. I used a drop of locktite on mine hasn't loosened yet.

Bobby

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I think on the adjustable stock..it takes a long allen wrench a 5mm or 5/32 I THINK ???? Has to be about 9 inches long.. The big screw driver is for Monte Carlo stocks.. I THINK That is the way my daughters is... she has both types.. Use clear finger nail polish for the loctite

WesleyB

4. chopperman

chopperman Member

That's right. 5mm allen wrench. Buy a T handle 9.5 in. long allen wrench.Chris Young

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you have a 1/4" socket wrench set, buy a 5 mm allen wrench and cut it off at the bend. Grind the cut end square and stick it into a 5 mm socket. A 6-inch extension will get you to the bolt head. Suitably long 5 mm t-handle allen wrenches are hard to find except from Browing, which sells the right wrench for about $12.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
a500 stock browning
browing stock tighting

browning stock wrench

browning ultra trap hex tool
browning xt stock measurement
how to tighten a browning a500 stock
how to tighten stock on browning xt trap
tightening a browning stock