1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Took the Bait from Shooters Emporium

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I responded to a message from Shooter's Emporium about some take off stocks. After looking at their site, this stock set winked at me. When I got it, I hit it with a little 5F compound, which made photographing it difficult, due to reflection.

I think it is a nice piece of lumber. These folks seem really good to deal with.

2. Shooting Coach

A pic of the forend. The stock fits and hits where I want it. I am a lucky guy.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  4. Shooting Coach

This is my new 16 yard Trap and Wobble Trap gun. I have a 29 1/2" CAT III Mirage that kicks butt on the Bunker field. The 31 1/2" MX-8 is a little portly for Bunker, fabulous on an ATA field.

The Browning Unsingle Combo still rules at the 27, Dubs, and Skeet. It feels like a 30" tube gun on that "other" game. LOL

The Mirage will kick you off the station with three dram trap loads, while the MX-8 makes recoil go away. :)

5. Shooting Coach

I put a factory Perazzi Try Stock on the Mirage. Set it the same as the original stock. It has calibrations so I can set it for a student, then set it back for me. The Mirage is simply incredible. After minor adjustments, folks pick it up and immediately shoot it like they have had it for years. The first three times I took it to our trap field at Big Springs, I ran three consecutive 100 straights off the 16. :)

Seems only fair to write it off as business equipment, what?

The MX-8 feels great on the ATA Trap line. I shoot my Browning Unsingle Combo better than the MX-8, but need has little to do with this. This is a true classic.

The MX-8 is like the custom Corvette in the garage. It is more fun to drive than the stodgy, if more reliable, family sedan (Browning). The Mirage, however, is like a 427 AC Cobra. It shoots so far above my meager abilities, I am still awestruck at the genius of it's designer when we are on the line.

6. Shooting Coach

By Golly, the stock DOES work on Bunker! I ran a box with only one second shot needed.

The MX-8 is still going to be a 16 yard toy. It seems to fit everybody that has shot it. Thanks, Shooter's Emporium.

Go to their website and check out their goodies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.