1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Took my son to vote...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

My son is living with us while going to college. He and I went to vote together today. I had a chance to see a young man perform a civic duty from a well informed position. It was a very good opportunity for reflection on the sacrifices that have been made for us that we may take for granted.

While we argue today, I am very glad that this election has gotten many of their butts. I don't agree with printing ballots in more than one language. If you want to vote here you need to understand THE language of the country.

I am happy to say that our family has cast 6 votes for the Republican party. 3 in Texas and 3 in Iowa....wish I could do more ;)...it up to the rest of you who haven't voted yet.

God Bless America!!!

2. acre44

acre44 Member

Good luck with those votes. You are going to need it.

Toad.

3. bigdogtx

likes-to-shoot....where did you get the idea that Iowa is a Republican state...they have one of the most idiotic and liberal senators that doesn't even send his kids to school in the state...no right to carry...too many on the gov't payroll for quite some time...hoping for the next CRP payment or subsidy

Don't get me wrong we enjoyed our time there and I feel their schools are some of the best. Their income tax forced me away as I started to make more money. Hhhmmmmmm....maybe hussein ought to take a look at that....

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My son is going to vote for the first time. When he got his ballot (we have vote by mail here) he asked, "So... which jerks are banning our guns?"

5. bigdogtx

I misstated on right to carry...I meant reciprocity...oops...

Yes, most of the farmers are Repub....but many that I knew would still vote for Harkin....mostly due to the subsidy they got...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.