1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TOOK MY DAUGHTER'S DOG TOBY TO THE VET!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

TOOK MY DAUGHTER

HELLO:
    my daughter and her family returned from the water park. they had a good time. my daughter asked me if toby behaved? my wife looks at me before i could respond and i said he was "PERFECT. NO TROUBLE AT ALL" when my wife gives me "the look" i know better than to say what i really want to say. truthfully, Toby is a big dumb dog, will eat anything . if you gave him a plate of rocks with gravy on top he would probably eat them. when my daughter put toby in the van, i told my wife that we survived, we should have t shirts made up that we survived his visit. it took me a few days to recover from his visit. i added up the damages. told my wife how much damage her hairy grandson caused us and she said " he's just a puppy"! i don't know what kind of dog he is, i think he's a heinz 57 variety. he is white, big, paws the size of a bears, and he looks like the dog NAMED TRAMP, on the old tv series "my three sons, with fred mcmurray. you'd swear he can't see with all the hair in his eyes. i almost died when my daughter said they paid $600.00 for all this trouble. when i was a kid i asked my dad for a new transistor radio when they came out, and he said I am not rockefeller, $600.00, are they crazy?? well i told my wife, he's gone, we probably won't see him for awhile, NOT!!!!

My daughter calls my wife's cell phone and says that her husband the carpenter, is out of town working. she is watching my 3 grandkids, 5,4, and 2. after she came home from the water park she got shingles? she said toby is very sick. could i take toby to the vet? i come over to her house and the dog is already in the van. has a blanket wraped around him. he won't eat, won't drink, she thinks he's in pain. i start feeling bad, what if he dies? felt bad of the nasty thoughts of things i wanted to do to him from the time i watched him over the past weekend. she gives me the address for the vet. as i am driving, i hear a noice that sounds like the water pump is going. i stop the van, look into the engine. i know nothing about cars, so as i was looking at the engine, it dawned on me, i couldn't fix it anyhow. i get back into the van and start driving, sure enough the same sound starts. i stop the van look again. i get back in the van, i hear the noise coming out of toby, he must be crying, sounds like a broken water pump.

we get to the vets parking lot. i can't lift toby, he's huge, and i have a very bad back. my wife said about the only thing i can lift without a problem is my shotgun. regardless, i place his collar around his big fat neck, and attached the lease. i help him out of the van. he sits down, he won't walk and i start dragging him and his collar goes over his head and i am left with a collar attached to his lease. he does a low crawl under the van and won't come out. the people in the vet's office see whats happening and they help me get him out. the vet doctor examines toby. he's very sore in the stomach area. he said they need to take xrays. they found lots of foreign substances in his stomach. vet said he needs surgery. i call my daughter, she starts crying, the kids are crying, i call my wife, she 's crying. the only one that should have been crying is me, because i know i will probably get stuck paying for this surgery because my wife will say, lets help the kids out, it's the right thing to do.

the surgery was successful, the vet found the following in toby's stomach.
    a popsical stick, 2 green bay packer band aids, a kids small toy, 1 golf ball, and dental floss. the dental floss wrapped itself around his intestines like a accordian and once he cut the dental floss it relaxed his stomach. the dog would have died without the surgery. toby is recooperating at the vets office for a couple days. i am cheap at heart. i have always based any bill on how many remington 870 trap guns i could have purchased. in this case i could have purchased 2 new 870's. i get a call from my son in law and my daughter, thanking me for taking toby. they said we will pay for the bill, and i said your mother said, we will. my wife is on the other line listening as i speak. so when my daughter says no, we want to pay, i look at my wife and she gave me that same look again, and i said " no, we will pay". my grand kids came over made me pictures of me taking to toby to the vet in the van. and wrote THANK YOU ON THE CARDS, ENOUGH SAID.
    STEVE BALISTRERI

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

You didnt want those 870s' anyway.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Like a woman talking to her hairdresser.

4. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Are sure maybe tha dog's middle name isn't Luther!!!!

5. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Good one, buzz. Or, like a visit to the nursing home.

6. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Steve, I would keep those 870's that you do own under lock_n_key the next time Toby visits. It really doesn't sound as though they would be safe...

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

LOL Steve you kill me.

8. Annie Get Your Gun

Annie Get Your Gun Member

OMG You are a great story teller! I have not laughed this hard(not at the dog's dilemna- just your story telling) thank you for a great laugh! Please share with us again!

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Steve, you serve cheese wit that whine?

10. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

EE and buzz-gun, two of my favorites. They get right to it.

BB

11. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Well, we all do things that other people think are stupid. Steve, great story, and you're absolutely right about the grandkids' card - priceless, and it makes the whole ordeal worth it. You probably have enough 870's for right now anyway, right?

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

How did you get the dog to eat the popcicle stick, band aids, and dental floss ..? The toys and golf ball is probably part of his daily diet, watch out if he gets GAS you will have toy soldiers throwing colored golf balls at you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. senior smoke

Kim:
    i have recently written a book. it has 125 stories of my friend luther and i traveling to ata tournaments over 40 years of shooting. the stories are true, some people think they are funny. trying to get the book published. some of the people in the book, want money for their names being in the book or royalties. this is causing a problem.
    steve

14. JRW

JRW Member

Steve I told you to save the Mod 12 money. Jerry

15. senior smoke

Jerry:
    anytime i have a few extra dollars it is like my kids, grandchildren, pets have radar. i should place a sign on my front door like the red cross that says , I Gave. have you ever seen on tv the pizza commercial where they show the freshly baked pizza and all you see are hands taking slices?
    steve

16. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Steve,

I'm not in your book but I could still use a few bucks when you get it published.

Your Best friend and Admirer.

BB

17. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Great story Steve.

This one had me laughing like the rest. Keep it up and best wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.