1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Took my daughter to the club

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

On the way in the drive way she said she didn't want to go in because of all the old guys.

Ok.

Then she walks in the door and stands behind me. The guys at the club introduced themselves and talked to her. Plenty of jokes all around.

Then another guy's college age daughter shows up to shoot and she brings cookies. My daughter, being in 7th grade and college bound, was all eyes and ears...

On the way to the car she says she was glad she went in. Those guys aren't so bad.

I told her that was why I like going to the club. It keeps me sane with all the stuff going on at work.

We stopped by the mall on the way home.

Priceless.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Does not get any better than having your son or daughter at the club. All three of my sons went and now shoot a lot

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

SCTP is the program to get your daughter [or son] into as the kids will be shooting with people their own age. They will be soon be asking for their own gun and you will be going to shoots to support them. My daughter, who is now a junior in college, still shoots on occassion and had to put her current boy friend 'straight' a few months ago. She had won a California State championship with her team in '04 and her boy friend was quite an athlete in high school and college did not think much of trap shooting [he had never done the sport]. So we took him to the range and they both shot a 15 for the first round [I think she was sandbagging]. He didn't think it was so hard and made some comment about his girl friend's lack of shooting prowess. Next round "the girl" shot 25 straight and he still shot 15. His next comment was, "Now I understand!" Yes, they are still seeing one another with a whole new respect. Fred

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Joe,

Where did you shoot yesterday?

Forrest

5. joe kuhn

Didn't. Gun is being finished and I just can't bring myself to shoot my old junk.

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Who is doing the stock on your gun? Are you going to Naperville today?

Forrest

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Dragging the daughter (actually it was her idea) to Sarasota Gun Club on Thursday.

Any time spent with the young ones is priceless, Joe. Enjoy it when you can, because it flies by.

Mine is in her freshman year of college.

Seems like yesterday she was 11 and we were jumping up and down because she broke her first clay target.

Tim

8. dverna

dverna Active Member

Joe,

Nice little story. I hope she catches the bug. We need more ladies in the sport

Mary did not want to go - now she is hooked. Mary broke her wrist a couple of weeks ago. Her first concern was she would not be able to finish the Winter League we are in. LOL

Don

9. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Haven you taken her out to shoot 22's yet Joe? At age 7 my girls got a big kick out of it. They still do 2 years later.

10. joe kuhn

Shooting 22s is a good idea. We can shoot down into the water with a 30 foot bank on the other side.

Forrest - probably not shooting until gun is done. Dennis DeVault is converting it to wood. I still swing by the club though. You going?

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I would shoot my old junk before I did not shoot at all. Those guns were made to be enjoyed also. Let loose enjoy them. jmho Bill

12. joe kuhn

My junk is another story...

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Joe, Come on up to upper Michigan you can shoot my junk till you get your baby back. Bill

14. joe kuhn

On the way in the drive way she said she didn't want to go in because of all the old guys.

Ok.

Then she walks in the door and stands behind me. The guys at the club introduced themselves and talked to her. Plenty of jokes all around.

Then another guy's college age daughter shows up to shoot and she brings cookies. My daughter, being in 7th grade and college bound, was all eyes and ears...

On the way to the car she says she was glad she went in. Those guys aren't so bad.

I told her that was why I like going to the club. It keeps me sane with all the stuff going on at work.

We stopped by the mall on the way home.

Priceless.

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Does not get any better than having your son or daughter at the club. All three of my sons went and now shoot a lot

16. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

SCTP is the program to get your daughter [or son] into as the kids will be shooting with people their own age. They will be soon be asking for their own gun and you will be going to shoots to support them. My daughter, who is now a junior in college, still shoots on occassion and had to put her current boy friend 'straight' a few months ago. She had won a California State championship with her team in '04 and her boy friend was quite an athlete in high school and college did not think much of trap shooting [he had never done the sport]. So we took him to the range and they both shot a 15 for the first round [I think she was sandbagging]. He didn't think it was so hard and made some comment about his girl friend's lack of shooting prowess. Next round "the girl" shot 25 straight and he still shot 15. His next comment was, "Now I understand!" Yes, they are still seeing one another with a whole new respect. Fred

17. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Joe,

Where did you shoot yesterday?

Forrest

18. joe kuhn

Didn't. Gun is being finished and I just can't bring myself to shoot my old junk.

19. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Who is doing the stock on your gun? Are you going to Naperville today?

Forrest

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Dragging the daughter (actually it was her idea) to Sarasota Gun Club on Thursday.

Any time spent with the young ones is priceless, Joe. Enjoy it when you can, because it flies by.

Mine is in her freshman year of college.

Seems like yesterday she was 11 and we were jumping up and down because she broke her first clay target.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.