1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Too many folks are packing heat

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Oregon Cop Fatally Shot During Chase

We read of this every week. Too many baddies and folks without control of their emotions and actions are packing heat.

2. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

"Police say the female driver was stopped by local police following a short chase and a standoff developed. A SWAT team was called and the woman was taken into custody about 7:30 p.m."

Not too smart, shooting a cop. I'm surprised she wasn't found with 15 - 20 bullet wounds and ruled as a suicide! The PD showed a lot of restraint.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Another.

4. over/under

over/under Member

The real real question is, are these legal people packing. All the laws in the world won't stop the criminals from carrying.

5. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

mrskeet410............You sir are a big A$$ and should be ashamed to be even on this site.

I pity the people that say they know you.

OB

6. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

skeet - I guess you believe in the right to bear arms as long as "YOU" get to pick who can't. Jimmy Borum

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Lot's of folks are put in harm's way when whackos and hotheads carry. Next time you see see nd incident of industrial strength road-gage or sports parent melt-down think about how safe you would be if that idiot was armed.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Are you the one to determine who the "idiot" is????

You so conveniently FORGET that "Lots of folks are put in harm's way when (felons, dopeheads, rapists, carjackers etc.) carry.....

9. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

neither article said that these were legally packing citizens so how is it that to many law bidders are packing? I see nothing about a mad soccer mom went nuts, does anyone else? the more law biding people packin the better if you ask me. KK

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"The right to own weapons is the right to be free" Isher, 6800 A. D.

(Van Vogt, 1951)

HM

11. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Everyone should pack. End of story. The bad ones already do.

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Well mrskeet, we all await your solution to this lack of PERFECT in our society. You are very good at pontificating on the obvious. Please don't make us wait any longer for your solution to this problem.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe we should all walk around with a sign that says, "I'm not carrying a gun.". While we're at it, let's put something similar out in our front yards.

14. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Have you ever seen a mad soccer mom going nuts? What would have happened if she was packing?

15. JDNY65

JDNY65 Member

An armed society is a polite society.

16. rustygun

rustygun Member

I don't think anyone can argue that there are some who probably shouldn't carry.
    The problem lies with who gets to decide who can and who can't. I don't have any answer to that, and I don't believe anyone else does either.

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I carry because I can and because all of the bad guys do ... I have been in several situations a lot of people may have opted for pulling a gun, I didn't see or feel the need ... If and when I pull mine it will be for the right reason and at the right time, what happens after that depends on the other person ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Quote: <i>"Too many baddies and folks without control of their emotions and actions are packing heat."</i>

Well that would not apply to the vast majority of law abiding gun owners, who are not baddies and who are in control of their emotions and actions.

And in this case, attempt to elude police in Oregon is a felony, so you already have a felon in action before the shooting.

19. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I suspect mrskeet is entertaining itself.

20. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder mrskeet, are you one of those who believe they should be allowed to carry while others go without? Judgeing by your posts I suspect you are like the anti-gun politician who secretly carries. By the way, you should change your handle, you do a dis-service to respectable skeet shooters.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.