1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Too many Bugs near Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Did anyone else notice how their windshield was covered with bugs of all types on their way to Marengo? What is it with these insects? I didn't see any weeds, but lots and lots of Bugs on both the ride down and the way back. I had to stop at 2 gas stations on the way home to squeegee these nuisance pests from my truck. I asked the gas station attendant if Marengo City of Commerce is aware of the problem and he replied "Yep, there be a problem pert near ever since they shut down Vandalia, now ya'll made your bed, so learn to sleep in it". I'm not sure what he meant about that, but he was awful cocky.

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Made the trip back and forth from Columbus every day (via hwy 61) and didn't notice it. Dust, dust and more dust for sure, but not a lot of bugs.

3. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

Just got back from the Cardinal Center. No bugs just dust.

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Tron,

Your post causes me to wonder.... I spent this last late Saturday afternoon removing the bugs from the front fascia of my wife's new Jeep Grand Cherokee following our trek to Illinois for the Grand. It only took me two plus hours--yet she still found leftovers....

Since we traversed the Midwest region via the southern I-64 route, I wonder how my bug experience compares with yours.

It's difficult to believe that Marengo has more bugs than Illinois. It is plausible in light of the Fisburns motivation for excellence that they are involved in a clandestine enterprise to create the perfect insect and may have suffered an inadvertent bug escape, until now unreported.

On a side-note as a motorsickle rider, I HATE bugs--especially those big hard ones! Only slightly less severely, I hate cleaning them off my picky wife's car too. Any advice on training her to do this dreaded task herself???

Guy Babin

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You probably opened a beer on the way home and the spray hit your sunglasses.

Just trying to stir crap again. What a troll.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Attention Mr. Pot, Attention Mr. Pot.......This is the Kettle calling, are we reaching??

7. Setterman

Dear Mr. Kettle, Marengo doesn't even have a Gas station....but they do have a drive thru carry out!

At least you spelled "Marengo" right. Troll.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Spray some PAM on your front end before you start your trip. Works great. I used to use it on the front of my big RV. Makes it easy to clean the bugs off.

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I don't and sure aren't trying to imply anything. But if there was more weeds and taller grass wouldn't that have given better dust control and a sanctuary for the bugs which would have obviously reduced windshield matter? Lol

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

You are a sage one P-master. Rarely are there no trade-offs in nature.

Maybe that wasn't dust afterall--but boucoups bug kaka.......

11. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Tron, Why dont ya go install a recoil pad or something? Actually, it was a very good one I liked it...I could just picture the service station guy saying that.

12. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Guy, tell the wife to drive slower. That way the bugs will just be crippled and can crawl away, not get their guts splattered all over the frontend. Easy to clean that way. Just takes longer to get where she is going.

GneJ

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Bugs are good fish bait.

Wayne

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

But not as good as Tron's thread and line he just cast here.

15. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

luvs 2,

Careful you'll give Tron a chubby............. and you're a pot caller too...

16. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

In an attempt to clarify all this confusion, today I placed a call to the Marengo, Ohio city manager and asked for the phone number to the Marengo City of Commerce. He said there was no City of Commerce in Marengo and asked if I was referring to the Marengo Chamber of Commerce. I didn't know so I hung up. Then, I called the Vandalia, Ohio city manager and asked him if Vandalia was shut down. He said no then he hung up on me. Tron, I tried to back you up here (see your intitial post) but I'm confused. Do you think that gas station attendent meant Vandalia, Illinois? OBTW, that Vandalia, Ohio city manager was kind of cocky too so maybe there is a bug infestation there? My guess is that gas station attendent is a troll and you can't believe a word he says!

milt

17. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Tron, per post above whatabout cutting area retaining front windshield out and then installing multiple rad 2's attached to area retaing windshield and former area removed from. A Rad set on squishy setting might possibly keep the lil bugers intact instead of making a windshield casserole. The void between area could easily be filled with foam in a can. Ample supply should be available at local hardware as people will soon be preparing for winter. Now for analyzing method, a minimum of five successive trips down and back for a thorough evaluation. If intialal trial fails I would recommend repeating procedure at 5mph less till acceptable results are discovered.

If aforementioned seems to time consuming the an alternative follows. This procedure requires additional driver. Additional driver pilots vehicle. You plant your scrawny but on the hood with a flyswatter in each hand. This will help emenisle for eye hand coordination as added benefit. Now wether you want to use a safety device to secure your lil butt from falling off is entirely up to you. I could care less if you can't properly plant it and thus go boom. This application will also resemble what your doing by starting this thread obviously without poles however.

18. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Tron, You are the Master Caster! :)

19. Setterman

The wife (you know, the one that does yoga in the front lawn) met Tron last week.

She said "THAT....was Tron?"

I'm afraid she wasn't impressed.

20. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Setterman,

Your wife was not impressed with Tron? Is she not aware that he is an expert with absorbtion devises? (Recoil pads---not gullible divisiveness...i.e. trolling).

milt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.