1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Too late to go to the Grand ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Circumstances have prevented me from getting to the Grand yet. I don't plan to shoot but could/would make the four hour drive on Saturday IF the vendors would still be there in force. Specifically,I do have a K gun that I could bring in for a barrel fitting and I would like to talk to the folks at Briley.

For those who have stayed until the last day can you provide any insight into whether the vendors would pretty much still be there or have you found they begin to shut down a little early on the last day ? I believe Saturday is the Grand American event. Is it realistic to think most everyone stays around for that?

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

there will still be some there. often the best deals are captured late.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Wait until Sunday and Monday and it won't be crowded at all ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. jptrapshooter

jptrapshooter Member

Things may be different this year, but I don't think it would be worthwhile based on the past several years. My estimates are 25% of the vendors will be open most of the day. 25% will be open in the morning only. 25% will be open in the morning, but in the process of packing up. 25% will be packed up and gone sometime prior to normal opening hours on Saturday.

If you need a specific service from someone, it would be better to call ahead. I wouldn't make the trip unless I lived awfully close (less than an hour away) and was prepared to be somewhat disappointed.

I also haven't seen many last day deals like there used to be. I've seen better deals during prelim week lately. Maybe I haven't noticed them the last couple of years because I've been sick of shopping by the end of it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.