1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Too Cold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ML, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ML

ML Member

This morning is was a wind chill factor of -36 below zero here a my home town of Boise City, OK. Coldest in the whole state of Oklahoma. How cold was it in your home town this morning?

Regards

M.L.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Never had wind chill when I was a kid. What was the temp? 6 above here. Bill

3. plaw

plaw Active Member

no good weather here in Indiana in over 2 months if it ever gets to 50 it will be a great day!

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Went to Wally World this morning (Pensacola) in shirt sleeves. I saw people in shorts.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

-32C this morning (-25F)...Lethbridge, Alberta

6. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

A bit of a chill this am--59* at 7am. Fortunatly it's up to 79* at 2:30 pm.
    If it gets warmer ,I may step outside.
    Bob--Venice Fl

7. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I came home for lunch awhile ago, and the deal in my pickup said 4 Degrees. The wind is blowing about 35-40 MPH. It is a cold SOB here in the Amarillo area. Charlie Henderson

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Its 62 degrees right now...would be shooting right now but its just a little too cloudy. <grin>

Mark

9. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

It's 20 degrees on my thermometer right now--2:49pm EST..I dont think it's been over 35 degrees for the month of January.In past years we got a snowstorm and it seemed it always went up to 50+ a couple days later?????.We have big issues with BOO KOO snow onna roofs with some collapsing!!!.We need the weather to moderate some !!!!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.

10. missed some

missed some TS Member

2 degrees with lotsa wind in central kansas

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

-38*F below zero at Glasgow, MT when I checked about 9:00am this morning. Cold air settles down in the Missouri river bottom, up here on the ranch northeast of Glasgow it was only -30* below at daybreak. Mid-afternoon, now it's warmed up to twenty below. These are real air temperatures, not "windchill".

John C. Saubak

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Here in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts at 3:33 PM it is 16 degrees(warmest it has been all day. Todays snow fall is in the neighborhood of 12". The snow is still lightly falling and will stop soon for maybe 8 hours.

Then the for cast says it will start again and snow all day tomorrow and they are saying it will be nasty.

My neighbors house and driveway.

ivanhoe_2008_0303178.jpg

This is a very wide driveway normally.

ivanhoe_2008_0303179.jpg

Snow and Ice on the roofs is becoming a big problem

ivanhoe_2008_0303180.jpg

Just an idea of what Sandy was talking about on the snow on the roofs. Just a little New England weather bulletin.

Bob Lawless

13. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Currently 8 degrees at 2 PM in Pocatello, ID. Forecast for tonight is around 5 below. In Island Park, about 120 miles north of here, the low is expected to be about 18 below. In Afton, WY, about 75 miles east of here as the crow flies, it's currently 13 below with an expected low of 33 below tonight. As John said, these are actual temps, not wind chills.

14. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Gt. Falls @ 6am neg 28 and a 5 mph wind. Havre at the same time was neg42 and a fifteen mph wind. Now that is cold. Montana's answer to Al Gore,KMA.

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

No bugs to speak of....

Rick in Mt.

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You people have to get out and shoot. Really developes your mental toughness! This is what it is like outside my house right now. We are getting the lake effect snow right now, but are supposed to get the stuff out of Oklahoma tonight. 12 more inches plus 40 mile per hour winds. Can't wait to shoot winter league tonight!
    stlflyn_2010_070463.jpg

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

UPDATE!!!!!

I think I am losing my mental toughness!!!!!!!!!! That is mostly blowing snow!
    stlflyn_2010_070464.jpg

stlflyn_2010_070465.jpg

18. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

In Champaign, Ill we are at 18 degrees and the wind is blowing 35 plus with blowing snow and ice. They are calling it a blizzard. We are in the ten to sixteen inch part of the storms snow belt as of now. I hope most of it goes north of us but we will see come tomorrow evening. Hope you guys don't loose your electricity they have announced about 1800 homes in our county have lost theirs. I got my generator going this morning to make sure I could start it and went out to get a couple more cans of gas. It's really blowing and the wind is coming from the east. Dan

19. zzoom

zzoom Member

Blizzard here in mid Missouri, low 20's, 18" snow and still coming down

20. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

The weather dude on Channel 7(ABC) said it will be -3* tonight, and the wind chill will be about -25*. We did not get alot of snow with this deal. We are really dry here. I mean, really, really dry. I've been sleeping with a humidifier in our bedroom for about two months. My nosebleeds have quit, but I'm scratching like our dogs. Stay warm everybody. Charlie Henderson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.