1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Too cold, so I am sorting out shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It is too cold to shoot so I am sorting out my shells from various boxes, sorting Line Back ups, Shootoff shells and line loads, I did not know I had accumulated so many shootoff loads of various speeds, good thing I have them coded.

The Longshot Loads are marked with Black and Red Cross Xs, Black being 32.5 grs and RED 33.5-35.5 depending on the case the AAs are Black Xs and Remington are the Red Xs and a little faster.

The Rios are the 1 1/4 oz loads lower pressures and softer shooting, Not too many of them maybe 18-19 of them.

The RED Primers are 19Grs Promo w/ 1 1/8thoz #6s 1250fps Rem Hull.
    and Top Gun Hulls w/ WT-12 wad.

Has anyone noticed how much farther down range the WT-12 wads go? And a little tighter patterns they give?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. lostandout

lostandout Member

i have to do the same it sucks when you get a back up mixed in with line loads

brian

3. Dr.Longshot

I could use a woman to do that.

Am Looking

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

18 degrees and Sunny,going to the range for some ATA action at BRSP in Alaska.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

18 in AK and 3 in Minneapolis yesterday. Where's the outrage? Where's the fairness?

6. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

We'll make it to 18 here in central Minnesota today, but it will be for a half hour or so right about 3PM....maybe next week...:[

7. Dr.Longshot

I sorted out my shells nand I got 1 and 3/4 flats of shells sorted out of various boxes, coffee cans, and plastic bags. I never knew I had so many games shells scattered around.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I've been sorting screws and bolts which were in one big box. I came up with 17 half-inch fine threaded bolts...but only 14 nuts that would fit them. I put them in a nice box and labeled them. Then I had lunch. After lunch I resumed the task and sorted the sheetrock screws. I have quite a few of those and I put them into an old pickle jar. Next, I had 3 stove bolts which were rusty. I used my wire brush and gave them a good cleaning. A shot of WD-40 finished the effort. They're good to go now, if I ever need a 2-inch stove bolt. My large box of misc. nails was next. I had to straighten several finish nails (#6s) and put all the #8 commons in a two-piece vintage Winchester Leader box...and labeled it with a thick black marker. This afternoon I'm going to count my T-shirts.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dear diary.................

10. gotbass

gotbass Member

Not longshot just longwinded

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I use 1 or 2 diff. loads for the annies. Keeps from cluttering your mind.
    Clyde

12. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Rarely too cold to shoot; our club in NE Ohio still opens twice a week and we still have fun. Believe me breaking a 24 in winter conditions makes you feel good. A 25, well that would be "X" rated to compare something to that. BT100dc

13. plaw

plaw Active Member

Maybe you guys could get you a T.V. gig and they could call it to Sorteers; Hell it might be a better show than some of the S--t thats on now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.