1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TOM WILLIAMS PASSES AWAY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jackmitch, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

tom williams of ottumwa, iowa passed away last night after a long battle with lung cancer.most iowa shooters probably know tom as he ran the ottumwa ikes trap range for many years and ran a private trap club at the ottumwa airport before that. tom will be greatly missed by all southern iowa trap shooters and especially us in ottumwa. tom ate,slept, and drank trap shooting. i remember when i first started tom tried to help me as i had known him for many years before i started shooting. one night after i had shot a 13 for about the sixth or seventh time in a row he told me "well jack you're not very good but you sure are consistant".we had a good laugh about that. tom leaves a wife,betty and three grow sons behind so say a prayer for toms family. he fought the good fight and he's in a better place now. we'll miss you old friend.jackmitch

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I didn't know Tom, but my condolences go out to his family.

Hauxfan!

3. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Trapshooting will miss Tom. He was the first to volunter and help any club that he attended. "One of the good guys"

Maltzie

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

My condolences to his family. Dave Bishop

5. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

there will be a family visitation at the reece funeral home,607 e. 2nd st. in ottumwa sunday jan.20 from 1:00pm to 3:pm. the full obituary can be viewed at www.legacy.com/ottumwa-courier/obituaries.asp

6. dhull

dhull TS Member

7. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

there will be no shooting today at ottumwa ikes.jackmitch

8. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends from Ohio.

Janet CJ

9. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

From Otter Creek Sportsman's Club, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Tommy you will be missed. Sunday we hosted a derby and I passed along the sad news. I remember him, as most of us who knew him well, as one of the best friends a trapshooter could have. The days at the airport were great fun and will never be matched. Steve Manary

10. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i quit shooting for several years but back in the 70,s you never seen tom without his trusty model 12. i knew him away from the gun clubs also.i worked several years in retail sales in ottumwa as tom did. he was a good fella away from shooting also. dwain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.