1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** TOM WILKINSON ***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goose2, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

What can I expect to pay to Tom tune my K 80 barrel? I am thinking about getting this done and was wondering about how much it is going to lesson my wallets weight.

2. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

call him, he will answer all your questions about barrel work, turnaround time and costs.

He is a great guy!

3. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

UNLOADER, What did you get for those pennies besides two choke tubes?

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

many people have kicked this around ,many times johnny. If you have never seen the way a WILKINSON barrel smokeballs a target then you will not be convinced. I have a tom seitys barrel and sevral by TOM WILKINSON. I have had many comments on how hard those barrels hit. Never those comments when I am shooting my factory barrels.

a valid question is weather or not the barrel work will get you any more targets. That is open for debate. I know when target hits are soft that I am doing something wrong and sometimes have a chance to change ( figiure out what I am doing wrong) before I miss. This is also worth something. Confidence in your equipment is worth something as well.

It all comes down to what you need and want. I saw a guy break 200 straight singles one day and never broke a target into more then 3 chunks. He just kept chunking away until victory was his! That is fine as well. My heart can't take it though. I want inkballs and a Tom Wilkinson tuned barrel does that with amazing regularity. Jeff

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I know several shooters who have had their barrels done by Tom. The guns range from Silver Seitz to Bt-99's They all smoke targets if the shooters do their thing. Remember one thing. K guns,P guns, just like Mercedes-Benz are massed produced--sometimes a little fine tuning is needed for a custom fit. Just like an Armani suit, the fitting tailor is the person who makes it work.

Phil Berkowitz

6. pdq

pdq Member

Search the archives -- tons of posts regarding TOm's work.

Pete

7. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Well Jeff, I asked a simple question and unloader left. I have seen this subject "kicked around many times." The answer is ALWAYS the same meaningless, subjective answer,,,, smokeballs. If that is what I want, I will screw in a tighter choke. I keep hoping, in vain, that someone will provide some hard data to back up these claims of magic. Neil Winston has tried, a couple of times, but the magic proves too allusive for him to capture.