1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Ward Memorial Shoot 9-9-07 Logan Co. Ohio

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

The Logan Co. Fish & Game Assoc., Inc., Bellefontaine, Ohio, will be be celebrating the life of Tom Ward with a memorial shoot on Sunday Sept. 9, 2007. The program will consist of 25 16's and 50 handicap. ATA handicap or known ability. If enough interest there will be a Calcutta which will be sold at approx. 1:00 PM. Options include Lewis class, high handicap, long run front, long run reverse, a draw pot and the aforementioned Calcutta. Games will be available to be shot at shooters request. Whatever you want to shoot we will throw it. Kitchen will be open for hamburgers, fries etc.

Targets will be ready by 11:00AM or so with 3 traps open. A traveling trophy will be awarded to the winner (ties to be determined by reverse long run), keep it for a year then bring it back (We'll send you the engraved plaque with your name on it to put back on it).
    Any questions please call me at 937-592-2164 (h) or 937-597-1015 (cell).

Tom Ward from Texas, I know you are alive and well and not to be construed with my good friend that is no longer with us We'll have to settle for the wonderful memories that we have of him. If you come up I'll personally pay for your options!!

We hope the weather cooperates this Sunday and everyone comes out to remember a great man and a very good friend.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. tomward

tomward TS Member

Jerry, Your making it hard for me to stay home......it' still harder to leave home. Good luck and shoot well friends. Best to all. Fort Worth Texas Tom Ward

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Tom- you're welcome in Ohio any time. We'll meet at some shoot in some state at some time! The fates are in control. Sincerely.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Jerry,

When I read your first post you had me wondering about Tom from Texas.....I had done a few deals with him and thought he was a great guy. I had missed the part that stated "Tom Ward from Texas, I know you are alive and well".

I am glad that I checked back on the thread to see that good ol' Texas Tom is still with us.

Jim Cruz

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Bluzman98- I guess this started last year when I initially posted Tom's Memorial shoot. Imagine my shock/suprise when another Tom Ward (living) posted....I about filled my drawers. Made my hair stand on end. I shot with the late Tom Ward many times, he was one of those guys that you'd think you've known him for 20 years within a couple of hours. He is missed by a wonderful family and too many friends to count. Sincerely.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

ttt for Tom

7. tomward

tomward TS Member

Your guys are right. Fort Worth Texas Tom is a good guy if I do say so myself. Nice to hear from you Jim. Jerry, Thanks for the kind remarks. You can't shake hands over a computer or a phone. I will look forward to doing so in person. Tom Ward, Fort Worth, Texas.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Tom Ward in DFW is truly a gentleman and all kind remarks on his behalf are well-deserved.

Whiz White

9. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Well rain clouds were quite prevelent on Sunday 9-9-07 for the Tom Ward Memorial shoot. Six dedicated friends of Tom Ward showed up. I really expected more shooters but the fear of melting in a possible shower scared most of them away.I was lucky enough to win with a 73X75 (24-25-24). We shot 25 16's and 50 handicap. Sunday was the first time I used my (previous) 16 yd. shells from my handicap yardage (23 yds.). Have been using 16.5 gr. promo and 1 oz. of 8's. Decided with the price of shot etc. that I'd try to shoot the 1 oz'ers from back farther. The combo of 1 oz. with a imp. mod. choke and a 34 in. barrel must have worked as I was smoking the targets when I did my part. A couple I razor bladed in half (which caused me to pucker a bit). Maybe I was concentrating extra hard as I really wanted my name on Tom's trophy. Brian Douglas from the Marion, Ohio area was second with 70X75.

Tom Ward from Ft. Worth-I spoke to Mary Ward, Tom's widow and we got to laughing about when I posted last year in regards to the shoot, I told her how I got goosebumps when you responded (same name and all) to the post. She thought it appropriate that there is another trapshooter carrying the same name. I mentioned to her that I now know that there are computer terminals in Heaven as that's where I thought your last years post was coming from!

A fine day was had by all and we Will do it again next year. Sincerely,

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

10. tomward

tomward TS Member

Jerry, Please pass along my best wishes and fratenal love to Mary Ward. She had a good man to deserve the respect you all show him. He was a lucky guy and I am sure she was a lucky gal to have had him. Best to all. Tom Ward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.