1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Ward-Ft Worth Trap Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by joconnor, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joconnor

joconnor Member

I understand that "hundred dollar bill" Tom Ward received some sort of special award at the Ft. Worth Trap and Skeet Club this weekend. Can anyone let us know about it. Thanks, Jerry O'Connor

2. TEXASBEN

TEXASBEN Member

Jerry,

The award went well, I am sure Tom will reply shortly. Tell Trish well done on the 98 just found out about it last evening. See you Saturday

Ben

3. joconnor

joconnor Member

Ben, look forward to seeing you at the TTA meeting. Wish "hundred dollar bill" Ward would report on the special award that Ft Worth Trap and Skeet Club presented to him. I'm sure it was well deserve. I hope he gets as much out of it as I did on the sausage he fixed one year at the Zone shoot in Ft. Worth. Jerry O'Connor

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Tom Ward from TEXAS- Congrats on whatever you were presented with from your club as I'm sure you were guilty...er I mean you deserved it! Remember no good deed goes unpunished. LOL Really though congratulations. Your Ohio friend, Jerry.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

5. joconnor

joconnor Member

I think someone from the Ft. Worth area should check on "hundred dollar bill" Ward. Receiving the muchly deserved award may have had an adverse effect on his heart. (at least I heard he had a heart). Jerry O'Connor

6. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

O Saw TW Sat & Sun at FW. He seems to be doing OK. Appears to be
    eating regularly and "personality" hasn't changed to any great degree.
    Did mention the award and said something about U. Can't remember exactly
    but sure it was NICE.

Doyal

7. tomward

tomward TS Member

I did indeed receive a special award. It's a beautiful oak plack with the end of the shot and frayed cord imbedded in the wood with plexiglass over the cord. Below is an engraved plate designating me as a AA Cord Shooter. I do not have all of the trophies I have come by but this particular one occupies a special place in my office. I would be remiss if I did not thank all of the people who made this possible such as Jerry O'Conner who placed a hex on me over 35 years ago that I still can not seem to shake. And then there is Ernie Wooten, O'Conner's press secretary who, with unbelievable dispatch, spread the news of this event far and wide before I had shot so much as shot at the next pair. Then the contigency in Fort Worth has seen to it that the plack was made and updates have been provided to all on a regular basis. If I knew how to post a picture, I would for all to see.

Jerry Beech. Thanks for the thoughts but nobody really deserves the scorn and ridicule I am forced to take from this group. Tell my Ohio friends I said hello. Tom

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Tom- A trophy worthy of a very special place on the mantle! To have seen that would have made me pee my pants. Worth every bit.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

9. joconnor

joconnor Member

Just thought I would send this to the top again. I am certain many people are unaware of the honor given to "hundred dollar bill" Tom Ward. He is most deserving. Thanks, Jerry O'Connor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.