1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Ward does the impossible

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by loadmaster, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loadmaster

loadmaster TS Member

Today at Ft. Worth Trap& Skeet Club @ a registered trap shoot, Tom Ward, who is showing a definite interest in Cowboy Action Shooting, demonstrated his quick-shot technique while shooting doubles. With a double release,after shooting a no-target first shot, he lowered his gun to reload one barrel. He did not realize he had set the second trigger and let go of the trigger, firing the top barrel, severing the cable to the voice call and shocking everyone, including himself. This could happen to anyone, but those of you who know Tom can imagine how he felt and will not make sport of him, I am sure. No one at the club said a word about it. When you see him be sure to congratulate him on a fine shot. Those cords are very small. Hang in Tom!

2. titewad

titewad TS Member

Hey Tom,
    Sorry I missed it. But I did hear about it at the shoot. That may have been why I shot so bad in the handicap. ( YOU standing NEXT to me on post #3. I couldn't see my birds for watching you). Tom you know we won't say anything else about it at the club this week!!!!!!!!! RIGHT. That cord was a slow pull to, wasn't it.

Jerry Ulmer

3. joconnor

joconnor Member

I understand Tom tried to pay for the damage with hundred dollar bills, but management refused the cash. Management stated they would rather have a check from this person. Jerry O'Connor

4. stockguy

stockguy Member

The cord obviously must have originally had a short in it and shoot managemnt refused to change it out for him. They'll surely pay more attention to his suggestions from this point forward----LOL!

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Tom-I'm surprised that this hasn't happened at our club. We had a director who had a penchant for running them over with the lawn mower when they were left out. Oh well, poo-poo happens. Get back out there and run the next set!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

This makes a case for steel toed shoes... Maybe encase the chords in steel conduit for release trigger shooters? Hello Tom and Dean from the West Coast... shooting the Mach One well. Fred

7. tomward

tomward TS Member

Duh.........O'Conner. You are 360 miles away. How did you find out. Word is you knew before the cord was repaired. A hundred for your thoughts. Money is easy to come by so give Trish a couple hundreds while you at it. To the rest of you that "NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT IT" YOU CAN KISS MY CORD.
    Broken Cord

8. dewman

dewman Member

dean,it is my understanding that local experts later examined the cord and found it to be of the VICIOUS " black canterbury " type--maybe management should consider awarding tom a case of his favorite---- twinkies---don weeks

9. joconnor

joconnor Member

I think I must of known about it before your squad could stop laughing. Sure wish I would have been there to take up for you. Jerry O'Connor

10. mwmd

mwmd Member

OLD SHOOTERS + RELEASE TRIGGERS + LIVE AMMUNITION = RANGE SAFETY HAZARD

HEY TOM - TIME TO "JUST HELP OUT THE TRAP SCORERS" !!!!!!

STAY TOUGH!! MWMD

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Don't feel badly Tom.

Here at my club, we have a sign that simply says: HELP YOURSELF TO THE GREEN PAINT & BRUSH IN THE CLOSET SHOULD YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOOT THE TRAPHOUSE.

Next time do that down in Argyle...

Whiz

12. tomward

tomward TS Member

Jerry O'Conner You can only imagine how much I wish you had been here. Tom

13. SteveT

SteveT Member

Tom:
    The offer to come and shoot the Idaho State shoot at Pocatello still stands. The Pocatello Trap Club has some Outers cordless voice calls so you can be sure that you will not be able to shoot the cord off. I guess you could shoot the microphone off the stand if you really wanted to. Wish I could have been there to enjoy the fun. I would still feel safe shooting on your squad any time.
    Steve Taylor

14. mwmd

mwmd Member

15. B391

B391 TS Member

tom, i've been shooting a release since the early 80's and you haven't done your worst yet. just keep pointing downrange and hang on!

roland

16. tomward

tomward TS Member

Steve, I dont suspect you will have forgotten about it when I see you in April. I am looking forward to it. Tom

17. XTBrowningBabe

XTBrowningBabe TS Member

Dang it. Sorry I missed it, Tom.

At least you didn't shoot the trap house with a pull trigger! Could ALWAYS be worse.

;o)

JJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.