1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Strunk Excelent shooter,better person.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by globe fish, Jul 8, 2013.

1. globe fish

globe fish Member

many thank's to Tom,being anew shooter thinking about reloading,Tom donated a bunch of excelent sts huls, reloading manual, hard to find primers a lot of good help.It's a honor to know such good shooter Fred.

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Fred, that doesn't come as much of a surprise to me, he's done that and more ever since I've known him!! I've known my best buddy since the early 80s, hell of a great guy!!

HAP

3. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Ditto to what HAP says except I have only had the PLEASURE to know him going on 3 Years. He is one of the GOOD GUY'S !!!!!!!!

Mark

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Never met Tom, but you can tell by his thoughtful posts that he is the class of the sport. Kudos to Tom.

MIA

5. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

MX2G has it right, you can tell by his posts he is good people. Scott

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have had the pleasure of meeting Tom on several occasions through my buddy Hap. Tom is one of the nicest most gentlemanly shooters one could meet. Always friendly and always smiling. He is also one hell of a trap shooter to boot. Hope to see you again this year Tom.

7. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Well anybody who is Hap's friend, has to be good people. Scott

8. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

well said scott couldnt of said it any better. howard

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Tom,
    Is one of the good guy's, always highly competitive in everything he's pursued from drag racing, pot shooting to program shoots, Tom has always strived to earn his way to the top and has always been helpful to others along the way.

Surfer

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ditto re. all that has been said about Tom thus far. I heard that he is also "AAA27AAA" in powershifting a Muncie or M-22. Super humble, helpful, good guy.

11. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

I'm proud to know Tom and be his squad-mate whenever possible. He is definitely one of the good guys.

Jeff Jolley-Utah

12. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

I Agree with ALL the threads above. I met Tom at Tucson a few years back and is one of the first i look up when arriving there. "SUPER" SX-1 Shooter and (and ALL others) Person. I am PROUD to call him Friend. !!!!!!!! Joe joe90t

13. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Wow, I wasn't expecting any thing like this. Thank you all, I am both humbled and appreciate all that have posted here.

I have always tried to live my life like my father. He believed you treat others like you would like to be treated yourself.

Again, thank you for all the nice words.

Tom Strunk

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Tom,

I purchased a hot rod Mustang last January...hope we are still friends!!! (Ford) LOL!!!

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

David,, Tom has several Ford frends! Matter O fact, he helps them now and then also by carrying a roll of wire for quickit fixes fur furd friends?? Least that's what he says its for. :)

HAP

16. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Hap, a Friend that works for FORD told me, when they sell a NEW Ford pickup a pair of Thinsulate Gloves comes FREE--So your hands do not get COLD on the TAILGATE pushing it to the SHOP. Just saying!!!!!!!!!! Joe joe90t

17. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Our Family got to meet Tom and Hap at The Grand. TWO great people !!!!

Looking forward to seeing you both again soon.

Bud, Char, Foster and Matt

18. globe fish

globe fish Member

19. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Here are some pictures that I have been asked for from my days in drag racing. The last picture is of my racing buddy, Hayden Proffitt. He is a NHRA Hall of Fame racer.

Some details about the cars;

The 64 Plymouth had all aluminum front end and a 426 max wedge. Here it is at Lion's drag strip in Long Beach,CA at the time it was the fastest and quickest legal wedge car in the country.

The 62 Chevy was a SS409. It has the engine out in this picture. It was the NHRA National record holder for 4 straight years. Won the Winternationals with this car. It was a single 4 barrel car.

The 57 Chevy was a single 4 barrel car, altho I would put dual 4 barrels on it for some NHRA events. This car held the track records at every track in SoCal. Those tracks include; Santa Ana, Lions, (Long Beach), San Fernando, Irwindale, Saugus, Colton, Fontana, and Riverside. TRIVIA; Riverside was a 1/2 mile drag strip in the beginning, not 1/4. I thought that the Pontiacs, the Buicks and Oldsmobiles might be able to catch me in the half mile, but they never came close. This car was a hell of a street racer, never beat, period.

Hayden an I met at the old Santa Ana drag strip in 1956. We have remained friends ever since then and I drove a lot of his cars. As a test driver for customers cars and when I drove the team's wedge car while he drove the Hemi. I also drove a 66 Mercury Cyclone for Mercury at the 66 Winternationals, that Hayden set up the deal for me.

I also remember a few years later when he got the AMC deal. He took me to a dealership and talked to me about taking a ride from them. I declined, as I was really doing well with my Swimming Pool construction business, and didn't have the necessary time to devote to a race car. I had just started building all the Jack LaLanne health clubs pools and spas. They were one of my best customers, for 18 years. Built 60 of them.

Tom Strunk
    tomstrunk_2008_03034.jpg

tomstrunk_2008_030314.jpg

tomstrunk_2008_030315.jpg

tomstrunk_2008_030313.jpg

20. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

When Hayden Proffitt was racing the AMC Rebel SST Funny Car he toured it at many AMC dealerships. My dad was the AMC dealer in Rochester Minn. and I got to see the car and meet Hayden Proffitt. Still have the autographed picture. Tom to have been able to drag race a 64 aluminum nosed clone Max Wedge Plymouth must of been a hell of a ride. Super Stock is my favorite class.