1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Muilenburg

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RickN, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Longtime SD Trapshooting Association Secretary Tom Muilenburg passed away Thursday.

2. Montanaken

Montanaken Member

I am very sorry to hear about Tom. I knew him for many years and worked with him while I was on the SDSTA board of directors when I lived in South Dakota. Great sportsman and very knowledgeable fellow. He will be missed by many, especially the folks from Crooks Gun Club. My prayers are with the family.

Ken M. Nelson- Circle, MT

3. oldstuff

oldstuff Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to Tom and Family. Met Tom when I first started in Trapshooting. Always a nice guy. Ron

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Oh, no!

Tom was a good friend and we kinda lost touch when I stopped shooting registered. We shot often on the same squad at the state shoot.

Tom was a past secretary for the ATA when Randy Clark also of Sioux Falls, SD was the ATA president.

Tom and Gary Lanphere and I used to head to dinner often following a day's shooting the the state shoot. Kenny and I were both on the Board of Directors for the State Association along with Tom. What a loss. (Kenny, how to getting along?)

Was it a heart attack, or what?

Tom was the only person (attorney) to ever get a conviction at the Wounded Knee takeover, and he was roommates with the late Governor Bill Janklow at law school. Tom was as smart as a tack!

Tom was for a long, long time the state secretary for the SD State Trapshooting.

I loved the guy as he was fun to be around. When I proposed that we start a state membership, it was a tip-toe affair and we were really concerned that the shooters would really dump the idea at the state meeting. Tom stood up (after telling me to go ahead and propose it), and explained to the shooters that it would be a good start to begin a process to build the coffers if we ever decided to have enough money to have a "state home" for the association. The membership at the state shoot in Aberdeen overwhelmingly approved the concept. Tom knew what he was talking about.

My condolences to the family. This is a great loss of one of our true ambassadors to trapshooting. Tom was well known throughout the US.

Whiz White

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Tom's obituary.