1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TOM KNAPP

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ntgr8, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I heard today that Tom is really Ill. Serious lung problems, may require lung transplant. All of you that know Tom wish him well.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Prayers out. Great ambassador and seems like a good ol' boy.

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Met Tom at the SHOT SHOW years ago and he was most congenial. Our prayers for his quick recovery.

4. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

We will keep Tom in our prayers. Great guy.

Bud Bartholow

5. Jag one

Jag one Member

I really like Tom and would like to meet him someday. He reminds me a lot of my late step dad and Chuck Dryke. They just don't make them like that any more. I feel fortunate to have met and shot with a few of the old classic shooters. Shot with Chuck today. They just seem to have something special about them! I hope to hell he recovers. Bruce

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Met him many times, nice gentleman. Wish he gets well.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good guy. Hope he's OK.

-Gary

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I too, would like to not only watch him shoot, but meet him as well. May the good Lord watch over you in your troubled times. Get well soon. You'll be in our Prayers as well. Break-em all. Jeff

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

To all:

This thread has been forwarded to Tom by a mutual friend of ours, and I am sure Tom appreciates the kind thoughts from all of you.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Tom.

Dave and Judy in SC

10. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

what a true gentleman, and a great person to represent our shooting sports. GET WELL SOON TOM!!!! luckyshot

11. steele

steele TS Member

I got to meet Tom at the NRA convention in Pgh in 04. I was buying a gun case from Kalispel, when the Kalispel owner & Tom walked up. My better 1/2 didn't know his name, just " You're the guy that shoots & never misses" His response in his usual low voice " Never on TV, ma'am" We even got pics with him. A true gentleman & I hope we get to see him at the next NRA convention this May.

Butch

12. Joe McGorman

Joe McGorman TS Member

My two favorite "showmen shooters" have always been Tom Knapp and Herb Parsons. Fun to watch and even better to listen too. Get well soon Tom.

Joe McGorman

13. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I've met Tom twice, you could not find a better ambassador for our sports. Last summer I took my grandson to see one of his shows and Tom spent a generous amount of time and showed personal interest answering the boy's numerous questions. We both really appreciated Tom's attention. We videoed the show and watched it a number of times. The boy even had me hand throwing clays for him to shoot - quite an eye opener for him.

I heard on another board that Tom is fighting Pulmonary Fibrosis. Tom says it's not fatal, it's treatable and possibly genetic. Mr. Knapp will be off the show circuit for the year, but he remains very positive that he will be back.

My family wishes Tom all the best.

R. Kipling

14. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Dear Mr.Knapp,
    We are praying for you to have quick,and complete recovery.Godspeed,and best wishes.
    Yours Truly, D.P.Reynolds
    P.S. Not a showman is there better!!!!!!!!!!!

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I hope Tom gets well soon. He's a good exhibitionist, a lot more personable than John Satterwhite when he put on the show.

16. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

Tom is my favorite trick shot to watch, there is just something about his character that makes him so much fun to be around and listen to.

All the best Tom!!

Jack Frost

17. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

Best wishes. I'll remember you in my prayers.

18. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I met Tom 2 years ago at the SHOT show. I have his photo framed with his autograph saying "John...Breakem All" What a nice Gentleman and he thought nothing of spending 20 minutes with me talking about Trap Shooting.For what he has done for all of shooting sports, I think we all should wish him the very best.

blade819

19. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Tom receives your messages each day and is greatful to all.

Tom's considerable improvement with therapy led his doctors to believe this is more emphysema than fibrosis, a serious but more hopeful condition than fibrosis.

Continued prayers for you Tom.

Dave in SC

20. chuckoa

chuckoa Member

I talked to Tom yesterday he is getting better and will be working The Game Fair In Anoka Minnesota in August both weekends. I will let him know of your thoughts.
    Chuck Delaney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.