1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Knapp

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by OhioSkeetShooter, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioSkeetShooter

OhioSkeetShooter Member

CZ-USA posted this on their facebook page 18 minutes ago.

"The shooting world lost a great man today. Shooting Star Tom Knapp passed away this afternoon. Tom reinvented exhibition shooting almost 30 years after the passing of Herb Parsons. Tom was an inspiration to generations of shooters and he will be missed.

Our thoughts are with Tom's family and friends.

The article linked below was written by Dave Miller last year covering Tom's first two years of shooting with CZ."

Prayers for the Knapp family. Article is up top.

-Wes

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Hope he and Mr. Munden have a trick shooting show going on up there.

Great guy.

3. Not1/2Bad

Not1/2Bad Member

Have see him in person twice, took my sons both times, and have had there pictures taken with tom twice. They even shot his gun at one of the events, they still talk about that. Plus those pics to this day hang on our wall, and on grandpas wall too. I have often said to anybody that will listen, it takes more to be a clay target shooter than just breaking clays, tom did alot more than just break clays.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Never got to see his show in person but I had the pleasure of meeting him more than once. A great guy to talk to and listen to his stories. He saw that my son had a trap shirt on and actually stopped us and asked about it. He will be missed by many. Another legend off to the HOF in the sky.

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I got a call last night that he was in dire health due to lung issues. Sad day for his family,friends and everyone he knew thru the shooting sports. God speed Tom.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I saw Tom in person two times. On one of them I had a chance to talk to him after he shot the nine targets. I said, I see that you go left and right across the bottom of the targets picking them off as they fall. He said, you almost have it right but you missed one thing, I break one target when they are going up and then go to the bottom to break the other eight.

He was a great showman. I do not know if we will ever see another.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

7. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

That's sad news. Tom put on a show at my club and had a great time going out with the guys after. He was only 62 from my memory and my understanding is he died of complications of lung cancer. RIP Tom.....

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I met Tom at the Las Vegas SHOT Show a few years ago. He was very friendly and seemed to always have time to talk with his Fans. RIP to a great shooter.

blade819

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

RIP and prayers to the family, I saw his show in person with friends in Vandalia some years ago, can't remember which GRAND, but I did get a signed shot shell hull that he shot during his show and a handshake. GOD given raw talent that he polished to a sparkle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.