1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Knapp In Pinehurst, N.C.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MilCon, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilCon

MilCon Member

The Tom Knapp show in Pinehurst today was somewhat dissapointing.
    Tom went into the hospital on thursday and has not been released, at least that is what we were informed.
    His assistant went on and did the show.

Overcast and light mist with 15+ mph wind making the targets fly high.
    The show was presented on the Golf driving range which was part of the old Pinehurst Gun Club that was disbanded by Pinehurst back in the 1990's.
    Nothing left of the of club or fields except the target storage house.
    Man was that sad to see.

USA Shooting team was late and cut short thier presentation that was scheduled for 1400hrs. they shot for about 20 min in all.

About 150- 200 people finally showed up for the Knapp/assistant at 1500hrs presentation.

I only saw about 20 kids from 8-18 there.

In all I guess it was good but could have been better if more kids had shown up.

Dam I miss the old Club.
    Ken

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Me too!

FRedmon

3. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I live in Cary, NC. Bad weather today. I wouldn't have shown up to watch Fred Redmon shoot today, much less Tom Knapp.

Danny

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Guess which one is me??

FRedmon

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

FRedmon........that ain't Pinehurst. Thats a Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot shoot in all its glory. Damn, it was cold that day.

Jimmy Bowen

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

That picture was taken at the Rockingham Gun Club years ago.. I am looking for pictures of the Pinehurst GC in case anybody has a few laying around..

FRedmon

7. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

The "Annie Oakley" memory dinner and exhibition at Pinehurst was destined to be a dismal failure without Annie or a gun club in attendance. Pinehurst should be ashamed to even think of such an event. If the gun club had not been bulldozed for another golf course, I would be living at Pinehurst today. Their loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.